The GSM Association joined with the European Payments CouncilJuly 2nd, 2008 - 3:07 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
The GSM Association joined with the European Payments Council which represents 8,000 banks in the European Union and Switzerland. In order to boost the deployment of mobile payment services. This partnership is expects to support banks in delivering mobile payments services to their customers. These services will be facilitated by a Trusted Service Manager.
The GSM Association - represents more than 750 GSM mobile phone operators ; citing data from a study by management consultants, says the industry’s return on capital employed was as low as 7% in 2007 or less than half that of other significant sectors such as steel and software.
The GSMA, through its Pay-Buy-Mobile initiative, and the EPC will focus initially on defining a contractual framework document detailing the minimum set of requirements for a Trusted Service Manager to interface with banks and mobile operators.
The GSMA says several operators have cut prices for data roaming, with T-Mobile UK because of their charges by 80% from July 1, like, and Vodafone is reducing the price per megabyte by 45%. It is acknowledged that some roaming text charges are too high.
The telecoms commissioner, who insists she is reluctant to regulate, is said to be ready to intervene again, preparing to cut roaming text charges by up to two-thirds and impose strict caps on the price of data downloads which now cost on average €5.24 a megabyte.
- EGoM's reserve price revision still high: GSMA - Jul 21, 2012
- Air New Zealand to allow mobile use on new A320 - Feb 07, 2011
- No business can afford to ignore Indian ICT market: Sibal - Feb 28, 2012
- 'TRAI plan on spectrum auction will curtail investment' - Apr 27, 2012
- T-Mobile Sued For Blocking Access To Pot-Related Text - Sep 20, 2010
- India adds 8.58 million GSM subscribers in June - Jul 18, 2011
- Carlos Slim's firm to acquire US company - May 11, 2012
- TRAI issues notices to operators for violating norms - Aug 17, 2011
- Operators at loggerheads over 2G spectrum auction - Feb 16, 2012
- Content aimed at rural masses can make MVAS a $10 bn industry - Jul 08, 2012
- 3G case: Tribunal's jurisdiction on hearing questioned - Jan 03, 2012
- Court relief for Matrix Cellular - Oct 28, 2011
- Court notice to Vodafone - Nov 17, 2011
- Vodafone India offers new international roaming pack - Jun 26, 2012
- BSNL launches Bharat Berry push e-mail service - Nov 14, 2011