Thales launches new AMS offeringJune 17th, 2009 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, June 16 (IANS) European aerospace major Thales Wednesday announced the launch of a new innovative asset management services (AMS) offering to provide comprehensive material management services including on-site inventory, repair management and return to inventory.
The AMS covers all Thales’ avionics equipment as a well as a range of components from other original equipment manufacturers.
“With Asset Management Services, Thales guarantees on-site availability of line replaceable units (LRUs) through advanced standard exchanges to support smooth aircraft operations,” a company statement said.
“Thales Asset Management Services can be fully tailored to meet the operators’ operational needs and priorities. It is the ideal way to outsource the complex management of spares and their repairs as well as management of multiple approved repair providers,” the statement added.
The introduction of asset management into Thales’s existing offering “is the natural evolution of its services range, the statement said, adding: “The airline community, in several satisfaction rankings, has regularly recognised Thales’s worldwide services network and outstanding expertise.”
OnurAir, one of Turkey’s biggest private airlines, is the launch customer for the new offering.
Daniel Malka, head of civil aerospace services worldwide for Thales said: “This launch is an important step forward in our ambitious after-sales support strategy, placing Thales firmly in the position of Tier 1 services supplier.
“At Thales, we pride ourselves on the high level of our customer services - any operator can now rely on Thales’s new Asset Management Services offer to outsource the complex management of its avionics components,” Malka added.
Thales AMS completes Thales’s range of flexible and customised avionics maintenance and asset services solutions. These include repair-by-the-hour, avionics-by-the-hour and avionics-by-the-hour++, the statement said.
“All these programmes provide guaranteed performances and are designed to help customers reduce their maintenance expenses and component cost of ownership,” the statement added.
Thales is a global technology leader for the aerospace, space, defence, security and transportation markets. In 2008, the company generated revenues of 12.7 billion euros. The company has 68,000 employees in 50 countries. These include 25,000 engineers and researchers.
- Thales, Liebherr to develop technologies for green aircraft - Jun 19, 2009
- Thales, BEL to form joint venture radar company (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- 'Revised defence offsets policy will encourage Indian SME sector' - May 08, 2012
- Thales, BEL to form joint venture radar company - Aug 29, 2012
- Air India's staff strength to be right-sized: Ajit Singh - Jul 17, 2012
- Thales names new country head for India - Nov 22, 2011
- $2 bn aerospace, defence exports by India in 2011-12: Assocham - Jan 27, 2012
- Kochi Naval Aircraft Yard celebrates golden jubilee year - Feb 01, 2011
- Thales to modernise avionics on Indian Air Force MiG-29s - Apr 22, 2010
- Oman navy selects Thales for self-defence capabilities - Aug 26, 2010
- Update on new technologies, IAF officers advised - Jul 09, 2012
- Jobs for Indians with security is Thales mandate - Jun 03, 2012
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- French firm Altran expanding India operations - Apr 26, 2012
- Charter flight operators seek sops - Oct 20, 2011
Tags: aerospace services, aircraft operations, asset management services, asset services, avionics maintenance, civil aerospace, customer services, european aerospace, guarantees, launch, malka, material management services, natural evolution, original equipment manufacturers, private airlines, repair management, services solutions, support strategy, tier 1, worldwide services