Thailand paint group mulls plant in ChennaiSeptember 24th, 2010 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 24 (IANS) Thailand-based paint group TOA Friday announced plans to set up a plant here and start marketing operations in 2013.
Speaking to reporters here Friday, country head Brijesh Menon said: “Our strategy is to build volumes first in south India and then set up the plant. Initially we will be importing the premium-end decorative paints from Thailand. We are planning to produce 40,000 litres per year.”
He said the TOA India will be focused on reaching the products to hardware stores and sensitise the painters about its brand.
“Once we distribute our products to 800 outlets then we will start our advertisements. Till then it will be only below the line advertising,” Menon said.
According to him, the premium decorative market in south India is estimated to be around Rs.4,200 crore.
“For the calendar year 2011, we hope to earn around Rs.50 crore and the next year target is Rs.100 crore,” Menon said.
He said by 2013 the company will be expanding its product basket by importing medium-end decorative paints.
- Akzo Nobel adopts new strategy to counter rupee's dipping value - Aug 09, 2012
- Berger Paints to double capacity by 2013-end - Aug 02, 2012
- Karnataka firm to earn Rs.35 crore selling India's costliest soap - Feb 27, 2012
- Berger Paints to hike prices of decorative products - Feb 14, 2012
- Westinghouse forays into India, to invest Rs.70 crore - Nov 11, 2011
- Toyota Kirloskar to roll out more cars, components - Jul 27, 2011
- Renault to launch four new models in India by 2012 - Jun 02, 2011
- Kobelco Cranes mulls capacity expansion - Feb 02, 2012
- Chola MS targets Rs.2,000 crore premium by 2013-14 - Dec 29, 2010
- Yamaha to set up Rs.1,500 crore plant in Tamil Nadu - May 14, 2012
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Honda starts operations at Rajasthan plant - Feb 14, 2012
- Fifth day of strike at Maruti's Manesar plant - Jun 08, 2011
- Whirlpool introduces new products for larger market share - Mar 22, 2012
- Base Batteries to invest Rs.432 crore in new plant - Apr 06, 2011