Texmaco, United Group tie up to make hi-tech wagonsMay 19th, 2009 - 9:55 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 19 (IANS) Texmaco Ltd, a KK Birla group company, has formed a joint venture with United Group of Australia to manufacture hi-tech wagon and locomotive bogie frames, it was announced here Tuesday.
“A joint venture company with United Group, one of Asia’s leading end-to-end rail technology solutions provider, has been incorporated, and steps are being discussed to set up a modern facility to make hi-tech wagon and locomotive bogie frames for Indian Railways, the private industry and exports,” Texmaco said in a statement.
The two companies had joined hands in 2007 for a 50:50 joint venture to form the biggest railway hub in West Bengal.
Texmaco has entered into tie-ups with several multi-nationals to exploit the business opportunities offered by Indian Railways, which has made a Rs.230,000-crore expansion plan in the 11th Five-Year plan.
“The current order book of the company stands at around Rs.1300 crore, which would enable it to maintain smooth production during the current year. It would stand to be further augmented by the Railway orders under planning for 2009-10,” the release said.
The company’s turnover was up 16 percent to Rs.1,091.25 crore for the fiscal ended Mar 31, 2009 as against Rs.943.52 crore the previous year.
Texmaco’s net profit rose 10 percent to Rs.75.84 crore last fiscal from Rs.69.09 crore in 2007-08.
The performance of the company was to some extent impacted due to deceleration exports, the release said.
- SAIL to invest Rs.21,000 crore in West Bengal - May 25, 2012
- Texmaco plans to ramp up wagon exports to Africa, Bangladesh - Aug 29, 2012
- Lepakshi forms joint venture for electronic city - Jan 13, 2012
- Texmaco to make Metro coaches with Japanese firms - Jul 23, 2009
- Mamata blames Bengal administration for illegal mining - Oct 30, 2010
- Texmaco against too many wagon-making units - Aug 12, 2010
- Railway stocks slump during noon trade - Mar 14, 2012
- Texmaco's coach unit to be commissioned this fiscal - Aug 30, 2012
- Lepakshi Knowledge Hub to set up textile park - Feb 29, 2012
- Va Tech Wabag looks for acquisitions overseas - May 27, 2011
- Panel suggests Rs.800,000 crore railways modernisation plan - Feb 27, 2012
- Mahindra and Mahindra's Q4 net up 44.17 percent - May 30, 2012
- Texmaco clocks Rs.22.23 crore net profit - Jan 13, 2010
- Indian Railways to borrow $3.3 bn from market in 2012-13 - Mar 14, 2012
- JBM to enter bus business in India by 2012-13 - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: birla group, deceleration, expansion plan, group company, indian railways, joint venture company, kk, locomotive, net profit, private industry, rail technology, railway hub, rs 1, technology solutions provider, texmaco, tie ups, united group, ups, wagons, west bengal