Texmaco to hive off manufacturing businessAugust 11th, 2008 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 11 (IANS) Wagon maker Texmaco Ltd plans to hive off all its manufacturing businesses into a proposed subsidiary and to raise Rs.2 billion through private equity funds, said an official here Monday. “We are exploring ways to separate all our manufacturing activities to a new subsidiary while retaining only investments and real estate businesses with the parent company,” executive vice-chairman Saroj Poddar told reporters on the sidelines of the company’s 68th annual general meeting.
The company is planning this restructuring to get a better valuation for its wagon making, process engineering and foundry business and to raise more than Rs.2 billion from private equity players, he said.
Texmaco has appointed consultancy firm Ernst and Young to work out the restructuring proposal. Investment management firm I-Sec has been engaged to work out the amount of fund that needs to be raised.
“Texmaco would turn into a holding company following the restructuring,” Poddar said.
The company expects reports from both the consultants to be ready within two-three months, after which both of them would work in tandem to finalise the entire structure of the initiative. It expects the restructuring process to get over by the current fiscal end.
Texmaco plans to double its wagon making capacity from the present 20 wagons a day by September 2009.
“From 20 wagons a day, we are ramping up our capacity to 30 wagons by the end of current financial year and then to 40 wagons a day by September next year,” managing director Ramesh Maheshwari said.
The wagon business is dependent on orders from Indian Railways. It produced 4,130 wagons in 2007-08.
- Texmaco against too many wagon-making units - Aug 12, 2010
- Texmaco demerges heavy engineering and steel foundry business - Feb 23, 2010
- Saroj Poddar unifies companies, mulls $2 bn investment - Mar 23, 2011
- Texmaco to make Metro coaches with Japanese firms - Jul 23, 2009
- Texmaco plans to ramp up wagon exports to Africa, Bangladesh - Aug 29, 2012
- BEML to hive off its railway business - Dec 12, 2011
- Numeric Power sells UPS business for Rs.859 crore - Feb 10, 2012
- Hero Group arranges funds to acquire Hero Honda stakes - Mar 08, 2011
- Texmaco's coach unit to be commissioned this fiscal - Aug 30, 2012
- Air India's turnaround plan approved (Roundup) - Apr 12, 2012
- Areva T&D; restructuring to be over by early 2012 - Aug 06, 2011
- China facilitates debt-for-equity swaps for firms - Nov 23, 2011
- Railway stocks slump during noon trade - Mar 14, 2012
- Private equity firm Apollo to invest Rs.2,250 crore in Welspun group firms - Jun 29, 2011
- Hero to merge investment arm with self, invest Rs.2,575 crore - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: annual general meeting, company executive, estate businesses, executive vice, foundry business, hive, holding company, indian railways, investment management firm, managing director, manufacturing business, parent company, poddar, private equity funds, process engineering, saroj, sidelines, vice chairman, wagon maker, wagons