Texmaco for logistic park in West BengalAugust 30th, 2012 - 10:13 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 30 (IANS) Texmaco Infrastructure and Holdings Ltd. has applied to the West Bengal government to allow it to set up a logistic-cum-food processing park in Howrah district, the company has said.
The Kolkata-based company is planning to set up the park at 141-acre land in Sankrail in Howrah.
“We have applied to the government of West Bengal and I have met Partha Chatterjee (state industry minister) also. The proposal is to allow Texmaco Infra to build a logistic-cum-food processing park. The matter is under consideration,” Texmaco chairman S.K. Poddar told reporters Wednesday on the sidelines of the annual general meeting of the company here.
Poddar said the company “possessed” the land at Sankrail.
“The state government had issued an acquisition notice for the land. We have got a stay order from Calcutta High Court,” he said.
Poddar said a lot of logistics companies were interested to work at the proposed logistic park in Howrah as West Bengal did not have a logistic hub till now.
- Texmaco's coach unit to be commissioned this fiscal - Aug 30, 2012
- Maruti plans Rs.80 crore logistic hub in Bengal - Jan 13, 2012
- TVS to produce bikes in Bengal for eastern India - Oct 29, 2011
- Bengal minister becomes HPL chairman - Mar 27, 2012
- Bengal favours credit cards for MSMEs - Sep 14, 2011
- Bhattacharyya resigns as Haldia Petrochemicals MD - Jun 19, 2012
- Howrah to get knowledge-cum-poly park - Jun 08, 2011
- Mamata government says it stands by farmers - Jun 22, 2012
- HPL eyes two projects to beat financial crisis - Oct 26, 2011
- Keventer plans to set up food park in Bengal - May 26, 2012
- Texmaco plans to ramp up wagon exports to Africa, Bangladesh - Aug 29, 2012
- Texmaco against too many wagon-making units - Aug 12, 2010
- Bengal assembly passes bill to relax land ceiling laws - Apr 03, 2012
- Plastics federation plans knowledge centre - Apr 26, 2012
- ITC trying to 'fast forward' Rs.25,000 crore investment plan - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: acquisition, acre land, annual general meeting, calcutta high court, food processing, government of west bengal, holdings ltd, hub, industry minister, infrastructure, kolkata, logistics companies, poddar, proposal, sidelines, state government, texmaco, west bengal government