Test marketing of fibreglass LPG cylinders to begin soonMarch 5th, 2008 - 12:00 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 4 (IANS) State-owned oil marketing companies (OMCs) would start test marketing of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) in fibreglass cylinders in select cities, Minister of State for Petroleum Dinsha Patel said here Tuesday. According to industry experts, the new fibreglass cylinders are lightweight, easy to handle and safe besides being non-corrosive.
Speaking in the Rajya Sabha, the minister said: “The government has granted approval in principle to the OMCs for expanding the product line by way of introducing composite cylinders for marketing domestic LPG, subject to there being no subsidy element in the LPG to be marketed through these composite cylinders.”
“Indian Oil Corp along with Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd and Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd intend to import some cylinders and do test marketing in selected cities,” Patel said.
“OMCs are procuring LPG cylinders from cylinder manufacturers who have valid manufacturing licences from the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) and the Chief Controller of Explosives (CCOE),” the minister told the house.
“OMCs have reported that necessary approval of CCOE has been obtained for use of composite cylinders for LPG,” he added.
- Global tender soon for fibreglass cooking gas cylinders - Aug 05, 2010
- No deregulation of diesel, kerosene, LPG prices - Aug 21, 2012
- Oil marketing firms losing Rs.518 crore per day - May 01, 2012
- Centre approves introduction of fiber glass gas cylinder - Mar 11, 2010
- Government may reduce subsidised LPG cylinders to rich - Jul 18, 2012
- No cap on number of LPG cylinders to affluent - Aug 17, 2012
- May consider reduction of diesel subsidy : Reddy - Feb 15, 2012
- Pilot project for translucent cooking gas cylinders - Mar 11, 2010
- Petroleum sector contributes Rs.192,577 crore to exchequers - Dec 13, 2011
- Under huge financial strain: Oil marketing companies - Jun 03, 2012
- Fresh petrol price hike of Rs.1.80 per litre - Nov 03, 2011
- LPG prices surge in Pakistan - Mar 04, 2012
- No plan to hike diesel, LPG, kerosene prices: Reddy - May 28, 2012
- India Inc calls for dual pricing of diesel, LPG - May 24, 2012
- Oil companies to bear Rs.121,571 crore under-recoveries: Reddy - Oct 19, 2011
Tags: bharat petroleum, bharat petroleum corp, bharat petroleum corp ltd, bureau of indian standards, chief controller, composite cylinders, cylinder manufacturers, hindustan petroleum, hindustan petroleum corp, indian oil, industry experts, liquefied petroleum gas, liquefied petroleum gas lpg, lpg cylinders, marketing companies, minister of state, necessary approval, omcs, rajya sabha, test marketing