Terminal 3 to welcome domestic flights from Oct 30October 18th, 2010 - 3:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 18 (IANS) Domestic flights will start operating from the Indira Gandhi International Airport’s newly built Terminal 3 (T3) from Oct 30 to ensure seamless transfer of international passengers, said a Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL) official.
“The first domestic flight is scheduled to take off from Terminal 3 at 5 a.m. on Oct 30,” said the official.
All full service carriers including Air India, Jet Airways and Kingfisher would start flying from Terminal 3 to different cities across the country from that day.
Terminal 1A will be closed from Oct 30 onwards. Low-cost carriers like GoAir, SpiceJet and IndiGo will operate from terminals T1C and T1D following the closing of Terminal 1A.
Terminal 3 built by GMR-led consortium Delhi International Airport Ltd, was opened for international flights Jul 14.
Operation of domestic flights from Terminal 3 would substantially reduce passenger transfer time and make New Delhi an airline hub.
“Transfer time for international passengers will be reduced to 60 minutes. For domestic passengers it will be even less. It will make travelling a lot easier,” the official who did not want to be named said.
Terminal 3, built over an area of 502,000 square metres, has the capacity to handle 34 million passengers annually. It has increased the total passenger handling capacity of IGIA to 60 million.
- Full scale domestic operations commence at T3 - Nov 14, 2010
- Delhi's Terminal 3 set for commercial operations from Wednesday - Jul 27, 2010
- New terminal at Delhi airport becomes operational - Apr 19, 2009
- IndiGo begins international operations - Sep 01, 2011
- Flights take off from new domestic terminal at Delhi (Lead) - Apr 19, 2009
- ARINC launches passenger systems at India's largest airport terminal - Aug 13, 2010
- First commercial Airbus A380 arrives at IGI's new terminal - Jul 15, 2010
- Hyderabad airport handled 8.6 million passengers last year - Apr 12, 2012
- Better deals in offing for those flying abroad - Mar 06, 2011
- Chaos at Delhi airport's T-3 as IT systems fail (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- Flights delayed at Delhi as T3 has blackout - Aug 07, 2011
- Kingfisher, Indigo to shift to new terminal from Sunday - Apr 17, 2009
- Chaos at Delhi airport T-3 as IT systems fail - Dec 17, 2010
- Terminal 3 starts commercial operations (Lead) - Jul 28, 2010
- Turkish firm investing over $100 mn on Mumbai, Delhi airports - Jan 30, 2011
Tags: 60 minutes, air india, delhi international, domestic flight, domestic flights, goair, hub transfer, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, international airport ltd, international flights, international passengers, jet airways, kingfisher, low cost carriers, oct 30, seamless transfer, spicejet, square metres, transfer time