Telenor to have greater stake in Unitech WirelessMarch 17th, 2009 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 17 (IANS) Norwegian telecom major Telenor Tuesday said it will take 67.25 percent stake in Unitech Wireless, up from the previously stated 60 percent, for Rs.61.2 billion investment.
“While Telenor’s initial investment under the agreement will continue to be the previously agreed Rs.61.2 billion ($1.2 billion), it has been agreed that Telenor, after this investment, would be holding 67.25 percent in Unitech Wireless,” Unitech said in a regulatory filing.
“Upon completion of the first phase of the investment, Telenor’s ownership percentage will be 33.5 percent,” the statement added.
Realty major Unitech in October entered into an agreement with Telenor to invest over Rs.61.2 billion in Unitech Wireless for 60 percent equity stake.
Unitech successfully bid for 2G spectrum in February 2008 for 22 telecom circles in India.
- Telenor-Unitech case referred to international arbitration - Apr 12, 2012
- Telenor acquires 49 percent stake in Unitech Wireless - May 20, 2009
- Contest Telenor's demand for compensation: Unitech - Feb 16, 2012
- Telenor in talks with domestic firms to continue India service - Apr 20, 2012
- Curbs on Uninor sale: Court notice to Unitech - Aug 21, 2012
- Telenor asks Sanjay Chandra to step down as Unitech Wireless chief - Apr 20, 2011
- Court seeks Unitech Wireless reply on Telenor plea - Jun 20, 2012
- Shyam Sistema CDMA services in Chennai, Kerala this month - Mar 23, 2009
- Company Law Board suggests mediation to Telenor, Unitech - Mar 01, 2012
- Telenor's failure will hit India's image: Norwegian minister - May 12, 2012
- Telenor given green signal to up stake in Unitech (Lead) - Oct 19, 2009
- Government okays Telenor's plan to up stake in Unitech - Oct 19, 2009
- Income tax department attaches Unitech shares in Uninor - Mar 28, 2012
- Unitech Wireless secures Rs.5,000 crore loan from SBI - Aug 18, 2009
- Telenor plans Rs.2,000 crore investment in India - Apr 21, 2012