Telecom subscriber base growth dips in MayJune 19th, 2009 - 3:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) Over 11 million telephone connections were added in May, though the increase was slightly less than that registered in the previous month, India’s telecom regulator said Friday.
“A total of 11.44 million telephone connections (wireline and wireless) have been added during May as compared to 11.75 million connections a month before,” Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) said in a statement.
With this, the total number of telephone connections in the country has reached 452.91 million till May-end, while tele-density has almost touched 39 percent as against about 38 in April, TRAI said.
The total wireless subscriber base (GSM, CDMA and wireless local loop-fixed) rose 11.59 million to 415.25 million. In April, 11.9 million subscribers had been added.
The wireline segment, however, continued to register negative growth, with the subscriber base dipping to 37.66 million from 37.81 million the previous month.
The total broadband subscribers base rose to 6.4 million by May-end.
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- Number of new telecom subscribers dips in April - Jun 01, 2009
- 12 mn telecom subscribers added in June - Aug 06, 2009
- India's mobile subscriber base crosses 840 mn - Jul 07, 2011
- Number of new telecom subscribers dips in April (Lead) - Jun 01, 2009
- India has 706 million mobile connections: TRAI - Dec 27, 2010
- India's mobile subscriber base crosses 865.7 mn - Oct 20, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 919.17 million in March - May 03, 2012
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 893.84 mn - Jan 30, 2012
- Uninor leads India to 903.73 mn mobile subscribers - Mar 06, 2012
- India's mobile subscriber base touches 811.59 million - Apr 29, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base touches 791.38 million - Apr 07, 2011
- India now has 851.7 mn mobile phones - Aug 08, 2011
- Tata Teleservices loses 4.4 mn subscribers in November - Jan 09, 2012
- India now has 858.4 million mobile phone subscribers - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: broadband subscribers, cdma, density, dips, million subscribers, New Delhi, segment, subscriber base, tele, telecom regulator, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, telephone connections, trai, wireless local loop, wireless subscriber