Telecom growth continues with 15.87 mn new connectionsApril 22nd, 2009 - 1:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 22 (IANS) Continuing the telecom growth story, India added 15.87 million telephone connections during March as compared to 13.82 million a month earlier, says the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
With this, the total number of telephone connections reached 429.72 million at the end of March as against 413.85 million in February, a TRAI statement said.
Overall tele-density reached 36.98 in the month under review as against 35.65.
The total wireless subscribers base (GSM, CDMA and wireless local loop - fixed) stood at 391.76 million.
Of this, total wireless subscribers (GSM, CDMA & WLL (F)) reached 391.76 million after the addition of 15.64 million wireless subscribers in March (13.82 million).
In the wireline segment, the subscriber base increased to 37.96 million in March from 37.73 million subscribers the month before, registering an increase of 230,000.
The total broadband subscribers base reached 6.22 million as compared to 5.85 million in February, TRAI said.
- Number of new telecom subscribers dips in April - Jun 01, 2009
- India adds record 15.6 mn new phone users in March (Lead) - Apr 22, 2009
- Telecom sector revenues cross Rs.40,000 crore - Jul 13, 2009
- Number of new telecom subscribers dips in April (Lead) - Jun 01, 2009
- India adds record 15.6 mn new phone users in March (Second Lead) - Apr 22, 2009
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- GSM subscribers' usage minutes down 1.45 percent - Nov 09, 2011
- Tata Teleservices loses 4.4 mn subscribers in November - Jan 09, 2012
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 893.84 mn - Jan 30, 2012
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 919.17 million in March - May 03, 2012
- India has 706 million mobile connections: TRAI - Dec 27, 2010
- Uninor leads India to 903.73 mn mobile subscribers - Mar 06, 2012
- Airtel, Vodafone added 2.45 mn subscribers each in May - Jun 20, 2011
- Teledensity in India touches 51.05 percent - Mar 29, 2010
- India's mobile phone users grow to 729.57 million - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: broadband subscribers, cdma wll, density, million subscribers, New Delhi, segment, subscriber base, tele, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, telephone connections, trai, wireless local loop, wireless subscribers