Technical snag on Metro leaves passengers strandedSeptember 5th, 2010 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 5 (IANS) Hundreds of people were stranded for over an hour at several Metro stations Sunday evening on the Vishwavidyalaya-Central Secretariat line due to a technical snag, eyewitnesses said.
A Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) official admitted there were technical problems on the Line 2 and efforts were on to resume services as soon as possible, but did not divulge details.
“For the past more than an hour, Metro services are disrupted on Line 2 due to malfunctioning of a train at Chawri Bazaar metro station. There are around 300 people waiting at the Vishwavidyalaya metro station alone,” said Vipin Das, an eyewitness.
According to an another eyewitness, many people have walked out of the station to take other modes of transport to reach their destinations.
The eyewitness said local officials said the problems would be resolved within an hour. Metro officials asked the commuters to take back their ticket money.
Partial services were resumed at around 5.45 p.m.
- Metro technical snag leads to crowds at Rajiv Chowk - Feb 01, 2012
- Snag leaves Metro commuters stranded in tunnel - Jun 07, 2011
- Technical snag hits Delhi Metro again - Dec 03, 2010
- Technical snag disrupts Metro line for an hour (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Auto strike, Metro 'snag' hit Delhiites - May 20, 2011
- Technical snag hits Delhi metro, commuters hassled - Jul 02, 2011
- Delhi Metro services affected on Gurgaon line - Apr 08, 2011
- Thousands stranded as Metro services to Gurgaon disrupted (Lead) - Nov 19, 2010
- Technical snag against disrupts Metro line - Nov 29, 2010
- Efforts on to minimise Metro snags, say officials - Mar 30, 2012
- Delhi Metro services hit on two busy lines (Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
- Technical snag hits Metro, frustrates commuters (Lead) - Oct 19, 2010
- Glitches persist on Metro's Jahangirpuri-Gurgaon line - Jan 11, 2011
- Passengers stuck in Metro for 40 minutes, services hit (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
- Snags hit Kolkata Metro again - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: bazaar, central secretariat, commuters, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dmrc, eyewitnesses, metro officials, metro services, metro station, metro stations, modes of transport, New Delhi, secretariat, sunday evening, technical snag, ticket money, train, vipin