Technical snag hits Delhi MetroJune 8th, 2012 - 12:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 8 (IANS) A technical snag hit Delhi Metro’s blue line stretch between Dwarka and Noida City Centre stations Friday, leading to massive crowds in trains and metro stations, an official said.
“There is some problem in the overhead electrification on the Dwarka stretch. It’s a maintenance issue and we are working on it,” said a Delhi Metro official, adding that only trains going towards Dwarka had problems.
The snag developed around 9 a.m.
“Trains on Dwarka stretch are running slowly because of technical problem,” said the official.
Commuters travelling towards Rajiv Chowk metro station also complained of slow movement of trains.
“It’s is moving at snail’s pace and halting every now and then,” said Nadeem Khan, who lives in Dwarka.
Many were left stranded because of the slow movement of the trains.
“The train was coming at the interval of 11 minutes which was too much. The compartment I was in was crammed as everyone wanted to board the train,” said Popul Chatterjee, who boarded the metro from Mayur Vihar.
The 49 km stretch has 43 stations.
- Delhi Metro hiccup affects thousands (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Metro services hit in Vaishali (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Technical snag hits Delhi Metro again - Dec 03, 2010
- Metro services hit in Vaishali - Jan 02, 2012
- Metro services hit on Gurgaon, Dwarka route - Jan 10, 2011
- Efforts on to minimise Metro snags, say officials - Mar 30, 2012
- Delays, overcrowding as technical problems hit Delhi Metro (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Snag hits Delhi Metro's Noida-Dwarka service - Jul 18, 2011
- Delhi Metro services hit on two busy lines (Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
- Metro trains ran at restricted speed - Feb 21, 2012
- Technical snag hits Metro's Dwarka-Noida services - Oct 19, 2010
- Snag hits Delhi Metro's Dwarka-Noida service - Oct 29, 2010
- Signalling defect leaves Metro commuters stranded - Mar 29, 2012
- Glitches persist on Metro's Jahangirpuri-Gurgaon line - Jan 11, 2011
- Thousands stranded as Metro services to Gurgaon disrupted (Lead) - Nov 19, 2010
Tags: chatterjee, chowk, commuters, delhi metro, dwarka, electrification, interval, maintenance issue, massive crowds, mayur vihar, metro station, metro stations, nadeem khan, New Delhi, noida, pace, rajiv, technical snag, train, trains