Tech Mahindra’s open offer for Satyam begins June 12 (Lead)April 22nd, 2009 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 22 (IANS) Tech Mahindra Wednesday announced its open offer for a 20-percent additional stake in Satyam Computer Services at Rs.58 per share, after buying 31 percent equity in the IT bellwether following a global auction.
The offer to all existing shareholders of the Hyderabad-headquartered Satyam opens June 12 and closes July 1, the company told the regulators. An order passed by the Company Law Board has fixed a three-year lock-in for the acquired shares.
The conclusion of the process will give Tech Mahindra, which is acquiring Satyam through its subsidiary Venturebay Consultants, a controlling 51-percent hold over India’s fourth largest IT company that was rocked by a Rs.78 billion ($1.5 billion) financial fraud perpetrated by its founder.
The offer will seek to buy 199,079,413 shares of Satyam from the public and institutions at a premium of Rs.56 for a Rs.2 Satyam share, the company said the regulatory filing. It will cost the company an additional Rs.11.54 billion.
If the stake acquired is less than 51 percent after the offer closes, Tech Mahindra will have the right to subscribe to additional newly-issued equity so that the resulting share is 51 percent.
As per data available with stock exchanges, major institutional shareholders in Satyam, who own more than one percent equity include infrastructure major Larsen and Toubro with 12.04 percent and financial services major Fidelity with 8.71 percent.
The state-run Life Insurance Corp (LIC) holds 2.81 percent and broking and financial services firm Religare has 1.03 percent.
Mahindra and Mahindra, the promoter of Tech Mahindra, owns 44.18 percent equity in the company, with Britain’s BT holding owning a 30.98 percent stake. The total promoter holding in the company is about 83.26 percent while the public and other institutions hold the rest.
Both Satyam and Tech Mahindra scrips closed lower on the Bombay Stock Exchange Wednesday, with the Satyam stock closing 4.19 percent below its last closing figure at Rs.46.90, while the Tech Mahindra scrip ended 3.71 percent in the red at Rs.306.30.
- Tech Mahindra announces open offer for Satyam shares - Apr 22, 2009
- Mahindra Satyam to acquire minority stake in Dion Global - Feb 10, 2012
- Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam to merge (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Rising Satyam scrip may prompt fresh issue for Tech Mahindra - Jun 11, 2009
- Government to raise Rs.4,000 crore by selling stake in SAIL (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Satyam soars 12 percent ahead of annual earnings in two years - Sep 22, 2010
- Mahindra Satyam quarterly net profit rises 56 percent - Aug 02, 2012
- Tech Mahindra gets 43 percent stake in Satyam - Jul 10, 2009
- India's markets watchdog revises takeover norms - Jul 28, 2011
- Reliance MediaWorks ups stake in Fame India to 15.77 percent - Jul 07, 2010
- Mahindra Satyam, Tech Mahindra merger likely in 8-9 months - Apr 24, 2012
- Highlights of Tech Mahindra's winning bid for Satyam - Apr 13, 2009
- iGate proposes to de-list Patni Computer Systems - Nov 16, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam net profit at Rs.534 crore - May 17, 2012
- ONGC approves share split, bonus and special dividend - Dec 16, 2010
Tags: bellwether, bombay stock exchange, fidelity, financial fraud, financial services firm, global auction, institutional shareholders, institutions, july 1, larsen and toubro, life insurance, mahindra and mahindra, percent stake, promoter, regulators, rs 2, satyam computer services, scrips, stock exchanges, tech mahindra