Tech Mahindra, HDFC queue up to recruit Delhi University studentsJanuary 28th, 2010 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 28 (IANS) Heralding better days ahead for the capital’s students, several top notch companies like Tech Mahindra, HDFC and Dell are queuing up at Delhi University (DU) for recruitment and hundreds of scholars have bagged offers in the last few days.
“Placements in this academic session have been a resounding success so far. The ongoing placement drive which started Jan 25, has attracted over a thousand students daily and the renowned companies conducting the interviews are elated at the overwhelming response,” DU’s central placement cell chairperson Seema Parihar said Thursday.
HDFC Life Insurance has already offered jobs to 88 students after interviewing 787.
Leading technology firm Tech Mahindra Ltd shortlisted 40 students and finally selected 32 of them for jobs after interviewing 487 students from different colleges of the university.
North Delhi Power Limited (NDPL) conducted a written test. From the 320 participants, they have shortlisted 170 students and will send their final offer letters on Monday, Parihar said.
Similarly, BPO company Gen Pact, which has a long association with Delhi University, had a series of personal interviews with 736 students and finally narrowed down the choice to 72 students.
Research firm Capital IQ have narrowed their search to 375 for selection of technology quality analysts. The final list shortlisted students will be known early next month.
Parihar said Dell will come in search of technical research associates early next month.
To help students find jobs, DU has started a placement cell and authorities said the response from companies so far was encouraging.
- Global firms line up with offers for IIM-B grads - Nov 02, 2011
- Delhi-based bogus company visits Panjab University - Mar 17, 2011
- Finance dominates IIM-Calcutta placements - Mar 10, 2011
- Finance companies dominate IIM-C placements - Apr 10, 2012
- Panjab University to hold 'Job Fair 2011' - Dec 21, 2010
- Hope and jobs for students at Delhi University's job fair - Jan 29, 2009
- For a change, spotlight on arts at job fair - Mar 03, 2011
- 142 Tihar inmates get jobs in placement drive (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- 142 Tihar inmates get jobs in jail's placement drive - Jan 27, 2012
- Virtual education fair hosts top foreign varsities - Jan 17, 2011
- Orissa institute scripts placement record - Sep 20, 2011
- IIM-Calcutta graduates bag Rs.2 mn in average salary - May 21, 2012
- Agra student creates record for IIT Kanpur - Dec 16, 2011
- Over 350 job offers for IIM-Lucknow students - Mar 12, 2010
- Tihar inmates receive job offers, courtesy IGNOU - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,