Tech Mahindra gets Company Law Board nod for Satyam buyApril 16th, 2009 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) India’s Company Law Board (CLB) Thursday approved the takeover of fraud-hit Satyam Computer Services by outsourcer Tech Mahindra Ltd.
“Having convinced myself that the board of directors has selected a technically and financially competent/qualified strategic investor - Venturbay - to adopt and nurture the ailing Satyam, I accept the recommendation,” CLB Chairman S. Balasubramanian said in a statement.
Tech Mahindra, the IT arm of auto major Mahindra and Mahindra, is acquiring Satyam through its subsidiary Venturbay Consultants.
“Venturbay will have the liberty to appoint not more than four of its nominees as directors on the board of the company. The present six directors shall continue till further orders,” the statement added.
- Tech Mahindra deposits funds for Satyam stake buy - Apr 20, 2009
- Tech Mahindra gets Company Law Board nod for Satyam buy (Lead) - Apr 16, 2009
- Satyam names four new directors - May 22, 2009
- Tech Mahindra gets control of Satyam Computer Services (Lead) - Apr 13, 2009
- Mahindra Satyam, Tech Mahindra merger likely in 8-9 months - Apr 24, 2012
- Stage set for Mahindra Satyam's merger - Mar 20, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam, Tech Mahindra Ltd merge - Mar 21, 2012
- $10m US settlement in firm's interest, says Mahindra Satyam - Apr 06, 2011
- Tech Mahindra, Mahindra Satyam to merge (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Tech Mahindra raises Rs.600 crore to fund Satyam acquisition - Apr 18, 2009
- Tech Mahindra-Satyam to merge in November - Sep 29, 2010
- IT department freezes accounts of Mahindra Satyam - Mar 22, 2011
- Satyam gets strategic investor, fresh lease of life (Roundup) - Apr 13, 2009
- IT department freezes accounts of Mahindra Satyam (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Satyam allots 30.28 crore shares to Tech Mahindra - May 05, 2009