TCS to do Delhi Jal Board’s billingOctober 27th, 2010 - 1:00 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 26 (IANS) The Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) will do the billing work for the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) for the next five years, an official said Tuesday.
“The TCS will do the billing work for the DJB for five years and also teach its staff about the process. Also, Delhi Integrated Multi Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) has been given the responsibility to monitor the movement of tankers through the GPS (Global Positioning System),” a government source said.
The decision was taken at the 100th meeting of the Delhi Jal Board, of which Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit is the chairperson.
- Private firms to provide 400 water tankers in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Ensure adequate drinking water supplies: Dikshit to DJB - Jun 13, 2012
- Delhi CM opens new traffic Operations Control Center (OCC) - Feb 04, 2011
- Delhi transit system comes under RTI Act: High court - Jul 08, 2012
- Dikshit, DJB officers issued notice on water meters - Jun 04, 2012
- Dikshit urged to get drinking water in primary schools - Nov 10, 2011
- New-look Paharganj ready for Games visitors - Sep 22, 2010
- DJB seeks to learn water recycling from Singapore - Jun 20, 2012
- Dikshit meets MLAs to discuss Delhi development issues - Jan 10, 2011
- Delhi, Haryana chief ministers meet on water crisis - Jun 18, 2012
- MCD flays Dikshit for water quality - Sep 22, 2011
- Dikshit justifies water tariff hike - Sep 17, 2011
- Water crisis hits south Delhi, residents suffer - Jun 23, 2010
- Green signal for high-security number plates in Delhi - Aug 26, 2011
- Dikshit alerts civic agencies before monsoon - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: chairperson, chief minister, delhi jal board djb, global positioning system, government source, gps global positioning system, jal, New Delhi, next five years, sheila dikshit, system ltd, tankers, tata consultancy services, tata consultancy services tcs, transit system