TCS, Nokia Siemens join hands for R&D in GermanyMarch 3rd, 2008 - 5:18 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 3 (IANS) Tata Consultancy Service (TCS) Ltd and Nokia Siemens Networks have entered into a multimillion-euro agreement for jointly research and develop telecom products at Nokia Siemens’ Dusseldorf centre in Germany. Nokia Siemens will affect a transfer of product engineering, research and development services and parts of its operations and business software (OBS) to TCS.
The operations transfer includes 90 employees, who will be moved to TCS as part of the deal, according to an announcement here Monday.
The two companies said this agreement would create an efficient set-up in which TCS will provide global R&D services to Nokia Siemens by leveraging its expertise in the telecommunications sector.
“The agreement with Nokia Siemens reiterates TCS’ capability to enhance customers’ business by leveraging our superior R&D services and strong domain. We will share with Nokia Siemens innovative approaches, global best practices and benchmark standards to ensure excellence,” said N. Chandrasekaran, chief operating officer and executive director of TCS.
The new regional delivery centre for telecommunications customers in Dusseldorf - where the transferred employees will work - is strategic to TCS as Germany is a key European market, said Chandrasekaran.
Nokia Siemens has placed innovation and R&D at the top of its strategic agenda as it tries to achieve its vision of getting five billion people connected by 2015.
An agreement with TCS, a leading IT services, business solutions and outsourcing company, enhances its ability to deliver new and profitable services to their clients.
- Nokia Siemens networks in 1.2-bn deal for Motorola - Jul 19, 2010
- TCS expands US presence, opens new facility in California - Jan 31, 2012
- Tata Consultancy, Hilton Worldwide tie up for IT services - Dec 22, 2010
- Nokia Siemens buys Motorola unit for $1.2 billion - Jul 19, 2010
- Airtel deal with Nokia Siemens for expansion in Africa - Sep 29, 2011
- Nokia to reduce worldwide workforce by 4,000 - Apr 27, 2011
- Orchid Chemicals sells penicillin, penem business to Hospira - Aug 29, 2012
- TCS signs multi-year service pact with US retailer - Sep 15, 2010
- TCS bags contract from Deutsche Bank - Sep 19, 2011
- Kerala: Industry majors to support IT product start-ups village - Jul 23, 2012
- Nokia Siemens Networks, du to upgrade Dubai telecom service - Oct 24, 2010
- Nokia Siemens Networks appoints Girotra India region head - Sep 05, 2011
- Finnish engineering firm sets up R&D; centre in India - Oct 07, 2011
- TCS subsidiary bags $2.2 billion contract - Nov 09, 2011
- Nokia Siemens to add 800 more staff at Chennai centre - Jan 13, 2011