TCS, Mitsubishi form joint venture firmFebruary 8th, 2012 - 9:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 8 (IANS) IT major Tata Consultancy Services Wednesday said it had entered into a pact with Japan’s Mitsubishi to set up a joint venture in Japan.
The new firm, Nippon TCS Solution Center, will focus on the Japanese market and provide a range of service for IT, business process outsourcing (BPO) and infrastructure services to Japanese corporations.
“Japan is a very important market for TCS. The new (venture) will provide strong local market knowhow, deep domain knowledge as well as bring in global technology best practices to help Japanese corporations effectively respond to their global IT needs,” N. Chandraseakaran, chief executive and managing director, Tata Consultancy Services, said.
According to TCS, it will own up to 60 percent in the new stake. Mitsubishi will hold 40 percent stake.
“The joint venture will establish a nearshore delivery center in Japan. The nearshore delivery center will leverage Mitsubishi’s significant domestic market expertise as well as the global expertise of processes and best practices of the TCS,” the company said in a statement.
- Sonata Software forms joint venture in Qatar - Dec 21, 2011
- Japanese steelmaker to build plant in central Mexico - Aug 08, 2012
- Reliance Life looks to next big steps in ties with Nippon - Oct 09, 2011
- TCS bags contract from Deutsche Bank - Sep 19, 2011
- Latino fun, Indian skills ideal mix for work places: Envoy - Apr 21, 2011
- Reliance Capital gets regulator's nod to sell stakes to Nippon Life - Jun 13, 2012
- Indian IT firms ramping up efforts to establish themselves in China - Jan 17, 2011
- TCS to set up new campus in Nagpur - Dec 19, 2011
- Mitsubishi to invest $888 mn in Peru copper mine - Feb 18, 2012
- Reliance Life gets Nippon on board for $680 million - Mar 14, 2011
- Microsoft opens global delivery centre in Bangalore - Dec 08, 2011
- Tide Water may form joint-venture with JX Nippon - May 30, 2012
- TCS signs multi-year service pact with US retailer - Sep 15, 2010
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- Wipro unveils global delivery centre in Brazil - Mar 25, 2010
Tags: business process outsourcing, business process outsourcing bpo, deep domain, delivery center, domain knowledge, global expertise, global technology, infrastructure services, japanese corporations, japanese market, joint venture, local market, market expertise, nippon, pact, solution center, tata consultancy services, tcs, technology best practices, venture firm