TCS bags Karnataka data centre projectSeptember 27th, 2010 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai Sep 27 (IANS) The Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Monday said it has bagged a contract from Karnataka for managing state data centre (SDC) project.
This project will enhance the infrastructure required to consolidate the state-level applications, and will be inter-operable with the existing infrastructure, the company said in a regulatory filing.
However, the company did not disclose the financial details of the transaction.
“IT major like TCS has rightfully emerged as winner in the transparent process bidding to set up the state data centre to enhance the infrastructure required for consolidating state-level applications,” said M.N. Vidyashankar, principal secretary of e-governance department.
“E-governance is the road to good governance and while technology is expensive, not using technology is far more expensive,” he added.
- NIIT Tech to set up e-auction platform for tobacco board - Aug 01, 2012
- Bangalore to get India's first IT investment region - Jun 04, 2012
- Asia's largest aerospace hub near Bangalore soon - Jun 04, 2012
- Wipro bags data centre projects from three states - May 13, 2010
- A clean, clutter-free BSF, courtesy intranet - Jun 19, 2012
- Tata Consultancy, Hilton Worldwide tie up for IT services - Dec 22, 2010
- UP to pilot national single window for investors - Jun 07, 2012
- Meghalaya sets up IT companies to boost infrastructure - Mar 09, 2010
- Karnataka unveils animation policy to woo investments - Feb 29, 2012
- Tata Consultancy eyes e-governance projects - Jun 18, 2009
- Karnataka to have aerospace policy to woo investments - Aug 24, 2012
- Punjab to provide e-convenience in all local bodies - Nov 09, 2010
- Wipro to digitise crime records under e-governance plan - Aug 02, 2010
- Kerala to lease out land to private IT developers - Aug 13, 2012
- EMC Data solution to automate government work - May 03, 2012
Tags: e governance, financial details, good governance, infrastructure, level applications, principal secretary, sdc project, tata consultancy services, tata consultancy services tcs, using technology