Taxis on 24-hour strike in Kolkata ThursdayApril 18th, 2012 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 18 (IANS) In a bid to pressurize the government to revise taxi fares, a large section of West Bengal Taxi operators have decided to go on a 24-hour strike Thursday.
“We will go on a 24-hour strike Thursday. The strike will start from 6 a.m. Thursday (April 19). Two of our major demands are revision of taxi fares and imposition of 20 percent service tax on fares after 9 p.m.,” said Suman Guha, assistant secretary of the Bengal Taxi Association.
Guha also said that if the demands are not met within the next 15 days, the taxi associations will go for a 72-hour strike.
- Two-day taxi strike in Kolkata from June 6 - May 24, 2012
- Bengal taxi owners to strike work July 14 - Jul 06, 2011
- Taxi strike from Wednesday midnight in West Bengal - Jul 14, 2010
- Bengal taxi operators threaten indefinite strike - Aug 19, 2010
- Bengal public transport operators call three-day strike - Jul 29, 2010
- Hold your horses, Bengal minister tells taxi, bus owners (Lead) - Sep 14, 2012
- Transport strike troubles people in parts of Bengal - Jul 14, 2011
- West Bengal's bus, taxi operators demand fare hike (Lead) - Jun 27, 2010
- Taxi strike commences in Kolkata over fare hike - Jul 15, 2010
- Bengal transporters defer three-day strike till Aug 22 - Aug 08, 2010
- West Bengal rules out fare hike - Jul 18, 2010
- Delhi Govt may revise auto, taxi fares on Monday - Jun 20, 2010
- Mamata scores major points against Left (West Bengal Newsletter) - Aug 04, 2012
- Mahasweta Devi to join mass sit-in for Binayak Sen's release - Jan 18, 2011
- West Bengal: Talks fail between government, transporters - Jul 28, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , ,