Taxes on houses and commercial properties in Ghaziabad hikedJuly 9th, 2010 - 9:01 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 9 (IANS) Public anger and protest have been building up against a steep 50 percent hike in house tax in Ghaziabad.
The Uttar Pradesh government in a gazette notification Thursday also raised the tax on commercial properties in the city by 200 percent.
Residents and local councillors cutting across party lines Friday said they would not allow municipal employees to collect the taxes from their respective wards.
“We are opposing the imposition of tax mainly on two grounds. One ground is that the UP government, while issuing notification/ order, has bypassed the municipal board which is illegal. Every policy would have to be implemented only after it was approved by the board but in this case the taxes have been raised arbitrarily by the bureaucrats in Lucknow in violation of of the municipal corporation act 1959,” Rajendra Tyagi, councillor.
Secondly, the house tax is too high and “unbearable” for residents. And the increase in commercial property tax will hamper business activities in the city, he added.
- Ghaziabad civic agency accused of illegal land sale - Jan 05, 2012
- Ghaziabad councillor slams private developers - Aug 26, 2012
- Residents to spruce up Ghaziabad - Jun 23, 2011
- Ghaziabad residents voice green concerns - Jun 19, 2011
- Ghaziabad residents protest against poor facilities - Jun 02, 2011
- Hazare supporters stage sit-in at Rajnath's house - Aug 21, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh minister named in attempt to murder case - Jun 02, 2011
- Gallantry awardees to get free parking passes in Chandigarh - Dec 31, 2010
- 'Ghaziabad authorities responsible for dying forests' - Apr 20, 2010
- Now spotlight on land acquisition in Ghaziabad - Jul 18, 2011
- BJP adds Ghaziabad mayor's seat to its kitty - Jul 08, 2012
- 49 newly-elected MCD councillors face criminal charges - Apr 19, 2012
- Residents protest police action against councillor - Sep 30, 2011
- Ghaziabad farmers welcome land takeover quashing - Aug 24, 2011
- Making housing affordable: Realty industry needs budget boost (Comment) - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,