Tata unveils first cabin for Sikrosky-92 helicopterNovember 7th, 2010 - 6:46 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Nov 7 (IANS) Tata Advanced Systems Ltd. (TASL) Sunday unveiled the first Sikrosky-92 helicopter cabin manufactured at its facility at the aerospace and precision engineering special economic zone (SEZ) on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
TASL is scheduled to deliver the first cabin later this month to US-based Sikorsky Aircraft Corp, one of the world’s largest helicopter manufacturers and a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp.
The cabin was unveiled at a glittering ceremony at the SEZ in the presence of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K. Rosaiah, Tata Sons Chairman Ratan N. Tata and United Technologies Chairman Louis Chênevert.
“The delivery of the Sikorsky S-92 cabin is on schedule and an important milestone for Tata’s plans for the aerospace industry,” said Tata.
Sikorsky and Tata had signed an agreement in June 2009 for Tata Advanced Systems to manufacture cabins for Sikorsky S-92 helicopters.
“We look forward to a long, successful collaboration as we work together to meet the growing needs of India and the overall helicopter market in the coming years,” said Chenevert.
It was in July last year that TASL launched the Rs.1,000- crore facility at country’s first notified aerospace SEZ set up by Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC) on 250 acres at Adibatla in neighbouring Ranga Reddy district.
The facility is export oriented and the cabins manufactured will form the overall helicopter structure that Sikorsky will integrate and complete for its global S-92 aircraft customers.
TASL, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Sons, is focused on providing integrated solutions for aerospace, defence, homeland security and disaster management.
- Tata unveils first cabin for Sikrosky-92 helicopter (Lead) - Nov 07, 2010
- Work begins on Tata helicopters cabin facility - Jul 31, 2009
- Tata to locate aerospace, defence projects in Hyderabad - Nov 07, 2010
- Tata launches 3 aerospace production units - Feb 14, 2011
- Dreamliner, Sukhoi Superjet to be showcased at India Aviation - Mar 10, 2012
- First Tata-made Sikorsky S-92 helicopter airframe flies (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Sikorsky delivers VIP chopper to Maharashtra - Dec 29, 2011
- Sikorsky delivers passenger chopper to Maharashtra (With images) - Dec 29, 2011
- Andhra offers land for Tata titanium refinery - Nov 09, 2010
- Sikorsky to display chopper with Made in India cabin - Mar 20, 2012
- Indian company makes chopper airframes for US - Feb 18, 2010
- Sikorsky offers military choppers to India (With image) - Mar 04, 2012
- Sikorsky planning more JVs with Indian firms - Jun 02, 2010
- B/E Aerospace opens engineering services unit in Hyderabad - Feb 29, 2012
- Indian Rotocraft starts building chopper production centre in Hyderabad - Mar 15, 2012
Tags: aerospace defence, aerospace industry, aircraft customers, andhra pradesh chief, apiic, chief minister, disaster management, helicopter manufacturers, helicopter market, industrial infrastructure, integrated solutions, precision engineering, ranga reddy district, ratan, sikorsky s 92, special economic zone, tasl, tata sons, united technologies, united technologies corp