Tata to take ‘Himalayan’ water brand to new marketsAugust 31st, 2012 - 11:55 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 31 (IANS) Tata Global Beverages, a part of the Tata Group, Friday said it is working on increasing the penetration of its ‘Himalayan’ water brand and aiming to reach the untapped markets.
“We expect that we will be able to make the Himalayan water a very profitable activity and we will be able to distribute and reach the markets that we have not been able to reach by ourselves,” Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata told shareholders at the annual general meeting of the Tata Global Beverages Ltd (TGBL) here.
NourishCo, which is a 50:50 joint-venture between TGBL and PepsiCo, has a brand licensing agreement with the Tata Group for marketing the Himalayan brand of mineral water.
On the tea business of the company, Tata said the firm has gained considerable market share as the TGBL clocked 3 percent business growth against an Industry growth of about 1.5 percent in India.
“We are exporting to the US, Europe and Middle East with the same level as last year. The rupee depreciation has been beneficial to us,” he said.
- NourishCo hopes for Rs.700 crore business - Feb 10, 2012
- Tata Global Beverages to enter nourishing foods sector: Ratan Tata - Aug 30, 2011
- Tata Global Beverages may enter food business - Aug 23, 2010
- Indra Nooyi gets a raise, makes $17 mn in 2011 - Mar 24, 2012
- Tata Global Beverages: The new name proposed for Tata Tea - May 06, 2010
- Beverage makers set for summer war in $10 bn market - Apr 09, 2012
- Pepsi to roll out 'drinkable' fruit snack 'Tripolis' in bid to expand - Dec 30, 2010
- PepsiCo to jettison syrupy drinks in schools worldwide - Mar 17, 2010
- Punjab farmers adopt direct seeding to save water, cut costs in rice cultivation - Jul 18, 2012
- PepsiCo names Indian-born Kumar president of Quaker Foods (Lead) - Oct 06, 2009
Tags: annual general meeting, beverages, business growth, chairman ratan tata, depreciation, group chairman, India, joint venture, licensing agreement, market share, middle east, mineral water, penetration, pepsico, profitable activity, rupee, shareholders, tata group, tea business, untapped markets