Tata to locate aerospace, defence projects in HyderabadNovember 7th, 2010 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Nov 7 (IANS) The Tata Group will locate all its aerospace, defence and strategic projects in Andhra Pradesh, particularly in Hyderabad, Chairman Ratan Tata announced here Sunday.
“This is the start of the investment. Tata Group has decided that all its activities in aerospace will be centred in Hyderabad. As the private sector enters defence and strategic areas, the activities of Tata Group in the new areas will be centred in Andhra Pradesh, particularly in Hyderabad,” said Tata.
He was speaking at a ceremony to unveil the first S-92 helicopter cabin manufactured at Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL) at aerospace and precision engineering Special Economic Zone (SEZ) at Adibatla on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
Recalling the shifting of the Nano plant from West Bengal to Gujarat, Tata said: “When we had to move Nano plant out of West Bengal, the state of Andhra Pradesh offered us a location. Regrettably for Andhra Pradesh, we decided to locate it in Gujarat and we were pleased to be in Gujarat.”
At that time, Tata said, he had told the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh that he would look at the state for future investment.
Tata said Hyderabad was the right place for Tata Group to locate sophisticated part of its activities. He was all praise for the transformation the city has undergone in recent years.
“Many years ago I was managing director of Tata electronic company called Nelco. I used to frequently visit Hyderabad trying to sell radios and televisions, not so successfully. It was not a congenial place to visit, it was back in time many ways and deficient in infrastructure.”
“You look at Hyderabad today. It is bustling city with tremendous infrastructure, new airport and impressive highway,” he said.
- Tata unveils first cabin for Sikrosky-92 helicopter - Nov 07, 2010
- Andhra offers land for Tata titanium refinery - Nov 09, 2010
- Tata unveils first cabin for Sikrosky-92 helicopter (Lead) - Nov 07, 2010
- Dreamliner, Sukhoi Superjet to be showcased at India Aviation - Mar 10, 2012
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- First Tata-made Sikorsky S-92 helicopter airframe flies (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Work begins on Tata helicopters cabin facility - Jul 31, 2009
- Tata launches 3 aerospace production units - Feb 14, 2011
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata - Aug 31, 2012
- Nano's Sanand plant goes on stream (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Lepakshi forms joint venture for electronic city - Jan 13, 2012
- A factsheet on the Tata Group - Nov 24, 2011
- First Nano from Gujarat unit rolls out Wednesday - Jun 02, 2010
- 12 Tata firms keen to invest in Karnataka, says official - May 31, 2010
Tags: aerospace defence, chairman ratan tata, chief minister, congenial place, defence projects, electronic company, gujarat, infrastructure, managing director, outskirts, precision engineering, private sector, radios, s 92 helicopter, special economic zone, state of andhra pradesh, tasl, tata group, televisions, west bengal