Tata Teleservices to roll out GSM services soonApril 20th, 2009 - 4:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 20 (IANS) Tata Teleservices Ltd, one of the leading mobile telephone service providers in the country using CDMA technology, Monday said it has earmarked $2 billion as capital expenditure for rolling out services through the other technology, GSM.
“We will roll out GSM services in few weeks,” company managing director Anil Sardana told reporters here.
Tata’a move will make it the second private telecom company offering services on both CDMA and GSM platforms, after Reliance Communication (R-Com).
R-Com launched GSM services earlier this year.
State-run telecom companies, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) are also offering both technologies.
- Tata Teleservices to invest $2 bn for GSM services (Lead) - Apr 20, 2009
- Tata Docomo rolls out 3G-service in India's tech hub - Nov 03, 2010
- MTNL, BSNL in talks to synergise services - May 18, 2011
- Tariff war would hit revenues: BSNL (Lead) - Dec 02, 2009
- India's home secretary to meet telecom operators on BlackBerry security - Aug 10, 2010
- '3G auction completion takes India a step forward' - May 19, 2010
- Airtel, Vodafone added 2.45 mn subscribers each in May - Jun 20, 2011
- Government kitty swells $15 bn as telcos pay for 3G spectrum - May 31, 2010
- Airtel pays Rs.1,177.5 crore licence, spectrum charges - Aug 24, 2011
- BSNL, MTNL lost subscribers post mobile number portability - Aug 05, 2011
- Rediff introduces mobile email service - Oct 20, 2010
- India adds 6.87 mn GSM subscribers in March - Apr 20, 2012
- Tata Tele crosses 77 million subscribers mark - Sep 13, 2010
- BSNL launches Bharat Berry push e-mail service - Nov 14, 2011
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: bsnl, capital expenditure, cdma technology, gsm services, mahanagar telephone nigam, mahanagar telephone nigam ltd, managing director, mobile telephone, mtnl, New Delhi, offering services, platforms, reliance communication, sanchar nigam ltd, tata teleservices ltd, telecom companies, telecom company, telephone service providers