Tata Teleservices launches services in AssamNovember 4th, 2008 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 4 (IANS) Leading telecom services provider Tata Teleservices Ltd (TTSL) Tuesday announced it has launched CDMA services in Assam with an initial investment of Rs.1 billion.“To expand its national footprint, Tata Teleservices has invested over Rs.100 crore (Rs.1 billion) in the Assam circle, establishing a pan-India network with 20 circles,” a company statement said.
During the current stage of launch, TTSL will provide seamless coverage in 31 towns of Assam and will shortly launch services in the northeast region,” it added.
The company has introduced a range of products, including pre-paid and post-paid mobile services, photon-high speed internet access, fixed wireless telephony under the brand name Walky Talky and a host of value-added services.
The company has introduced ‘Northeast Corridor Starter Pack’ for Rs.199, which will enable subscribers in the region to make long distance calls across Assam for just 50 paise per minute.
“The launch of the Assam circle is a key milestone in our pursuit of realising the Tata dream of having a nationwide presence,” TTSL managing director Anil Sardana said.
Tata Indicom has also announced the launch of photon-high speed internet access, which it claims is 10 times faster than any existing mobile wireless technology.
- Tata Teleservices integrates all services under Tata DOCOMO - Oct 19, 2011
- Tata Docomo launches 3G tariff packages - Nov 09, 2010
- Japan's NTT DOCOMO to invest Rs.8 bn in Tata Teleservices - Mar 31, 2011
- Tata Docomo to launch 3G services on Nov 5 - Nov 03, 2010
- Tata Docomo rolls out 3G-service in India's tech hub - Nov 03, 2010
- Tata, Future Group launch GSM mobile service - Jun 19, 2010
- Tata Teleservices applications received late: Mathur - Apr 16, 2012
- Tata Teleservices launches Games value-added services - Oct 01, 2010
- Tata Teleservices launches operations in Jammu and Kashmir - Dec 03, 2008
- Tata Docomo launches 3G service in Punjab, Haryana - Nov 09, 2010
- Tata Tele crosses 77 million subscribers mark - Sep 13, 2010
- Tata Indicom launches emergency medical service on mobile - Sep 15, 2010
- Tata Teleservices crosses 80 million subscribers mark - Oct 12, 2010
- Idea Cellular slashes 3G tariffs by 70 percent - May 22, 2012
- Airtel unveils 4G service in Bangalore - May 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,