Tata Teleservices launches GSM serviceJune 10th, 2009 - 2:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) Tata Teleservices, one of the leading telecom players in the country, Wednesday launched mobile services on the GSM platform under the Tata DoCoMo brand.
The company in which Japan’s NTT DoCoMo has 26 percent stake, said it will invest $2 billion (Rs.9,450 crore) for the pan-India rollout of the services.
The GSM operations will be commercially launched from south India by June-end, the company announced.
By the year-end, Tata will expand services on the GSM platform across the country.
- Tata Teleservices to invest $2 bn for GSM rollout (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- Tata Teleservices launches GSM service (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- Tata DoCoMo starts GSM service in Chennai, Tamil Nadu circles - Jun 24, 2009
- Tata-Docomo plans research and development centre in India - Oct 08, 2009
- Tata Docomo completes south India rollout - Jul 16, 2009
- Japan's NTT DOCOMO to invest Rs.8 bn in Tata Teleservices - Mar 31, 2011
- Tata Tele crosses 77 million subscribers mark - Sep 13, 2010
- Tata Teleservices launches GSM services in Maharashtra - Aug 06, 2009
- Tata Teleservices integrates all services under Tata DOCOMO - Oct 19, 2011
- Tata Docomo launches 3G service in Punjab, Haryana - Nov 09, 2010
- Tata Teleservices applications received late: Mathur - Apr 16, 2012
- Tata Teleservices completes stake sale to DoCoMo - Mar 26, 2009
- Sistema Shyam expects 10 mn user base by December - Mar 25, 2010
- Tata Docomo to launch 3G services on Nov 5 - Nov 03, 2010
- South African Neotel is now Tata Communications subsidiary - Jun 14, 2011