Tata Tele crosses 77 million subscribers markSeptember 13th, 2010 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) Tata Teleservices Monday said it has crossed the 77 million wireless subscribers mark by adding 2.1 million new subscribers in August.
The company became the fourth largest wireless operator in the country after crossing state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited’s subscriber base of 73,781,448 with 74,850,220 wireless subscribers in July.
The company attributed the rise to its path-breaking tariffs such as pay per use and pay per site plans.
“The introduction of many path-breaking, innovative and pioneering initiatives has been the reason behind this success,” said Anil Sardana, managing director.
Tata Tele has recently launched many innovative products and services on both the CDMA and GSM platforms including Tata Indicom’s Ulta plan, Tata DOCOMO’s pay per use and pay per site and Tata Photon Wi-Fi pocket router.
The company also cited successful bidding for the third generation (3G) spectrum as one of the most important developments for its growth.
“With our 3G network rollout plans now at an advanced stage, and a partner like NTT DOCOMO, the world leader in 3G and the development of telecom technology, we look forward to further reinforcement of the Tata DOCOMO brand as one that continues to stand for a refreshingly different telecom experience,” said Deepak Gulati, president of Tata DOCOMO.
TTL has won spectrum in nine circles — Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh (West), Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
- Tata Teleservices to seek review of 2G decision - Feb 06, 2012
- Tata Teleservices applications received late: Mathur - Apr 16, 2012
- Tata-Docomo plans research and development centre in India - Oct 08, 2009
- Tata Teleservices crosses 80 million subscribers mark - Oct 12, 2010
- Tata Teleservices integrates all services under Tata DOCOMO - Oct 19, 2011
- Tata Docomo rolls out 3G-service in India's tech hub - Nov 03, 2010
- Tata Docomo completes south India rollout - Jul 16, 2009
- Japan's NTT DOCOMO to invest Rs.8 bn in Tata Teleservices - Mar 31, 2011
- Tata Docomo to launch 3G services on Nov 5 - Nov 03, 2010
- Tata Docomo launches 3G tariff packages - Nov 09, 2010
- Tata Teleservices to invest $2 bn for GSM rollout (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- Tata Docomo launches 3G service in Punjab, Haryana - Nov 09, 2010
- Tata DOCOMO launches pay per site tariff plan for browsing - Aug 10, 2010
- Tata Teleservices launches GSM service (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- Tata DoCoMo starts GSM service in Chennai, Tamil Nadu circles - Jun 24, 2009
Tags: 3g network, gujarat, haryana, innovative products, karnataka, madhya pradesh, million subscribers, network rollout, nine circles, ntt docomo, pay per use, sanchar nigam limited, subscriber base, tata teleservices, telecom experience, telecom technology, ulta, wi fi, wireless operator, wireless subscribers