Tata Steel to build industrial park in Gopalpur on seaAugust 20th, 2010 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Aug 20 (IANS) Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik Friday laid the foundation stone of an industrial park Tata steel will build in the port town of Gopalpur to facilitate industrial development of the region.
Patnaik said the park would attract investment from diverse sectors like steel, metals, engineering, chemicals, gems and jewellery and marine products.
It will primarily attract investments of Rs.10,000-15,000 crore in steel and allied downstream industries, engineering, chemicals and other emerging sectors, company and government officials said.
Tata Steel would put in an anchor investment of Rs.1,000 crore in the next two years at the park, which will have a 50,000 tonne per annum ferro chrome plant and a 400,000 tonne per annum rebar steel mill.
Tata Steel Managing Director H. M. Nerurkar said projects were being designed with rain water harvesting, hundred percent recycling and desalination of sea water.
“This will ensure green development while ensuring that irrigation doesn’t suffer,” he said.
- Tata Steel's Jamshedpur plant to be modernised - Aug 05, 2011
- Cabinet nod for petrochemical region in Tamil Nadu - Jul 04, 2012
- Karnataka gets Rs.5-trillion worth investment proposals (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Tata Steel not selling African unit: Nerurkar - Sep 08, 2010
- JSPL inks deal for industrial park in Odisha - Nov 15, 2011
- Karnataka clears 28 projects worth Rs.8,622 crore investments - Jul 14, 2011
- Tata steel to increase Chinese investments by five percent - May 03, 2011
- Petrochemical investment region in Tamil Nadu approved - Aug 23, 2012
- Visa Steel eyes value-added steel production with Baosteel - May 19, 2010
- India's second rubber park comes up in Tripura - Jan 27, 2012
- Global IIT meet for first time in Kolkata in December - Aug 01, 2012
- IIT global alumni meet in Kolkata in December (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Aluminium summit to explore investments, technology - Dec 05, 2011
- No immediate hike in prices: Tata Steel - Aug 05, 2011
- JSPL to invest Rs.one lakh crore in Orissa - Jul 12, 2010
Tags: bhubaneswar, chief minister, crore, desalination of sea water, ferro chrome, foundation stone, gems, gopalpur on sea, government officials, irrigation, jewellery, managing director, metals engineering, naveen patnaik, orissa, rain water harvesting, rs 1, steel mill, tata steel, tonne