Tata Steel says Corus’ pension funds not at riskOctober 15th, 2008 - 5:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 15 (IANS) Tata Steel Wednesday said the pension fund surplus of its British subsidiary, Corus group, has risen in the last quarter ended Sep 30, compared to the previous quarter, and that these funds did not face any risk.In a regulatory statement, the steel major denied a report in a business newspaper that said Corus’s pension funds faced losses due to its exposure to the financial markets.
It said Corus’s British pension funds are “significantly de-risked with around 70 percent of the portfolio in debt related instruments”.
It said the aggregate surplus was $1 billion on June 30. “Based on initial quarter end assessment, the surplus as on September 30, 2008 is estimated to be higher than end June 2008,” said the company statement.
The details would be released at the time of publication of consolidated financial results in November 2008.
- SSTL reports quarterly loss of Rs.657.6 crore - Sep 07, 2011
- Usha Martin's Q1 net profit dips 38.7 percent - Jul 29, 2011
- Pakistan's public debt stands at Rs.9.47 trillion - Feb 02, 2011
- G20 pledges 'growth-friendly' policies, cut deficit - Jun 28, 2010
- US government to borrow $644 bn - Jan 31, 2012
- Tube Investments logs 37 percent net profit growth - Apr 30, 2012
- Moody's postpones decision on Italy's downgrade for a month - Sep 17, 2011
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Peerless mutual fund introduces equity offering - Sep 07, 2011
- Sistema Shyam's net loss narrows to Rs.528 crore - May 29, 2012
- Canada holds bank rate at 1 percent - Jan 18, 2012
- India, Brazil attract largest equity inflows: IMF - Apr 13, 2011
- GMR posts Rs.67 crore quarterly net loss - Aug 10, 2011
- Moody's downgrades Spain's debt rating - Mar 11, 2011
- Moody's cuts Hungary's rating with negative outlook - Nov 25, 2011