Tata Steel sales down 14 percentJanuary 6th, 2009 - 10:46 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Jan 6 (IANS) The country’s largest steel maker Tata Steel Tuesday reported a 14 percent fall in sales in the October-December quarter over the corresponding period uin 2007. According to an official statement, the company’s total sales during the period stood at 1.07 million tonnes. The fall was attributed to the impact of the global meltdown.
However, the steel major registered a 27 percent growth in the long product sales in the third quarter at 480,000 tonnes.
The hot metal and crude steel production also went up during the quarter.
“The hot metal production at 1.7 million tonnes and crude steel production at 1.5 million tonnes were higher by 23 percent and 17 percent respectively,” the statement added.
- Tata Steel posts rise in hot metal, crude steel production - Jul 06, 2010
- RSP achieves best-ever saleable steel production - Oct 03, 2011
- Rourkela Steel sees best ever production - Aug 01, 2011
- JSW Steel's production up 9 percent in first quarter - Jul 06, 2011
- Rourkela Steel sees best-ever performance - Sep 02, 2011
- JSW Steel quarterly net profit rises 16 percent - May 16, 2011
- Indian Oil registers Rs.3,388 crore loss - Jul 24, 2010
- Production at SAIL's Bhilai Steel Plant dips - Apr 10, 2012
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever Q-1 output - Jul 02, 2010
- Rourkela steel plant records best production in Q1 - Jul 02, 2012
- NALCO's Q1 net profit down 41 per cent - Aug 16, 2012
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever performance - Jan 03, 2010
- Sugar output rises 17 percent in October-December 2011 - Jan 03, 2012
- Bhilai plant produced 5.37 m tonnes hot metal in 2009-10 - Apr 03, 2010
- China's steel output up in first three quarters - Oct 22, 2011