Tata Steel resets covenants on Corus loanMay 30th, 2009 - 5:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 30 (IANS) Tata Steel has reached an agreement with lenders of Tata Steel UK for resetting the covenants on the 3.7 billion pound loan raised for the acquisition of Anglo-Dutch steel maker Corus.
This comes two days after group company Tata Motors announced a revision in the maturity deadline on the bridge loan for its acquisition of Jaguar Land Rover (JLR).
“As part of the agreement reached with the banks, testing of the facility’s earnings-related covenants will be largely suspended till March 2010 and will resume with significantly higher flexibility,” said Tata Steel in a regulatory statement Saturday.
While the deal does not include any additional finance from the lenders, the level of interest will remain unchanged.
“The covenant resetting agreement demonstrates the strong relationship of Tata Steel group with its lenders and underlines the commitment of Tata Steel to its European operations,” said chief financial officer Koushik Chatterjee.
As part of the deal, the company will inject 425 million pounds (Rs.32,400 crore) into Tata Steel UK in a phased manner, of which 220 million pounds (Rs.16,800 crore) will be used to pre-pay debt and re-leverage European balance sheet.
Tata Steel UK acquired the Corus group in January 2007 for $12.04 billion (Rs.56,500 crore).
- Tata Communications eyeing British C&W; Worldwide - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors scrip down on concerns over JLR - May 30, 2012
- Ratan Tata force behind group's international foray - Nov 24, 2011
- S&P; cuts Tata Steel outlook to negative - Jul 26, 2012
- A factsheet on the Tata Group - Nov 24, 2011
- Court directs PNB to return Rs.1,000 crore securities to DLF - May 29, 2011
- Tata Refractories target Rs.2000 crore turnover by 2012-13 - Jul 15, 2010
- S&P; lowers Tata Power outlook to 'negative' - Jul 09, 2012
- Tata Steel hopes to save $831 mn from Corus operations - Mar 10, 2009
- Tatas face British strike as ministers try to stop layoffs - Feb 18, 2010
- Reports of Tata's comments on Mukesh Ambani incorrect: Tatas - May 22, 2011
- Cyrus Mistry to succeed Ratan Tata - Nov 23, 2011
- Tata Motors secures funding for Jaguar-Land Rover - Aug 11, 2009
- Jaguar Land Rover gets 170-mn pound loan from GE Capital - Nov 16, 2009
- Tata Motors, JLR to collaborate on R&D; - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: anglo dutch, balance sheet, bridge loan, chatterjee, chief financial officer, corus group, covenant, covenants, crore, group company, jlr, land rover, lenders, leverage, maturity, pre pay, steel group, steel maker, tata motors, tata steel