Tata Steel Q4 net slips about 90 percentMay 18th, 2012 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 18 (IANS) Tata Steel, India’s largest private sector steel major, Friday reported a 89.64 percent slide in its consolidated net profit at Rs.4.33 billion for the quarter ending March 31, 2012, from Rs.41.76 billion in the same period last year.
According to a release here, the company’s total income from operations, however, increased to Rs.339.98 billion for the fourth quarter last fiscal from Rs.338.29 billion for the same period in the previous fiscal.
Tata Steel Group’s profit after tax (after minority interest and share of profit of associates) during the financial year 2011-12 stood at Rs.53.90 billion compared to a profit of Rs.89.83 billion in financial year 2010-11.
Group EBITDA in FY12 was Rs.135.33 billion compared to Rs.171.16 billion in FY11.
“The Indian operations registered robust performance in FY12 amid growth concerns in the domestic market,” Tata Steel managing director H.M. Nerurkar said in the release.
Performance of the company in the current financial year was expected to be boosted by the start-up of the brownfield expansion at Jamshedpur, where trial production has begun, Nerurkar said, adding work on the greenfield project in Odisha was on track.
- Tata Steel expects fall in raw material prices - Nov 12, 2011
- Tata Steel posts Rs.6 billion Q3 net loss - Feb 09, 2012
- S&P; cuts Tata Steel outlook to negative - Jul 26, 2012
- No immediate hike in prices: Tata Steel - Aug 05, 2011
- Tata Steel to bring European-made products to India - Jul 26, 2012
- Tata Steel bags business leadership award - Jan 09, 2012
- HNG posts 14 percent growth in net sales in FY11 - May 23, 2011
- Tata Steel's Jamshedpur plant to be modernised - Aug 05, 2011
- Steel prices will remain stable, says Tata Steel - Jan 22, 2010
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- infosys revenue guidance dips on negative growth (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- Harrisons Malayalam Q1 profit Rs 3.47 crore - Jul 28, 2011
Tags: ebitda, greenfield project, growth concerns, indian operations, jamshedpur, managing director, minority interest, net profit, private sector, robust performance, slips, steel group, tata steel india