Tata Steel launches branded Silico ManganeseAugust 22nd, 2012 - 11:43 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 22 (IANS) Tata Steel, the world’s seventh largest steel maker, Wednesday launched India’s first branded Silico Manganese, widely used in steel making, to dominate the market of the critical ingredient.
Silico anganese, a ferro alloy, is used as an alloying agent in the manufacture of steel for its necessary toughness and hardness.
Ferro alloys and minerals division of the steel major launched the ferro alloy as a branded product at Durgapur in West Bengal’s Burdwan district, a major consumption centre of the product, according to a company release here.
The annual domestic demand for Silico Manganese is close to three lakh tonnes.
“In the months ahead, the product will also be launched in Raipur and Mandi/Ludhiana, which are also major consumption centres,” said Rajeev Singhal, executive in charge, ferro alloys and minerals division, Tata Steel.
- SAIL's Q1 net profit down 29 percent - Jul 29, 2011
- West Bengal steel makers for ending power tariff hikes - Jul 23, 2010
- SAIL to invest Rs.21,000 crore in West Bengal - May 25, 2012
- Noel Tata is new MD of Tata Internatinal - Jul 29, 2010
- SAIL inks pact with Japan's Kobe Steel for Durgapur plant - Jul 10, 2012
- SAIL investing Rs.20,000 crore for modernising Bengal units - Sep 10, 2011
- Manganese ore production to be increased - Mar 25, 2011
- Hong Kong based businessman cheated by two Delhi con men - Feb 03, 2012
- 200 trapped ECL miners in Bengal rescued - Jul 31, 2012
- Experts discuss advances in computer science at Amity Campus - Feb 08, 2011
- Essar Hypermart to sell 1 mn tonnes steel through retail - May 18, 2012
- Birla Corp eyes 3 percent rise in cement sales - Oct 24, 2011
- Steel Minister visits IITF 2009 pavilion - Nov 18, 2009
- Tata Steel not selling African unit: Nerurkar - Sep 08, 2010
- Tata Coffee net up 43 percent in 2011-12 - May 09, 2012
Tags: burdwan district, consumption, critical ingredient, durgapur, ferro alloy, ferro alloys, India, lakh, ludhiana, mandi, minerals, raipur, silico manganese, steel maker, tata steel, tonnes, toughness, west bengal