Tata seeks report on Radia tapesFebruary 2nd, 2012 - 2:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 2 (IANS) Industrialist Ratan Tata Thursday urged the Supreme Court to direct the central government to provide him the confidential report on the leakage of corporate lobbyist Niira Radia’s taped conversations.
He asked for the report of the probe by the income tax director general so that he could implead the telecom service providers as necessary parties in the case.
On the plea made by senior counsel Mukul Rohtagi appearing for Tata, an apex court bench headed by Justice G.S. Singhvi asked additional solicitor general Harin Rawal if he had any reservation in sharing the confidential report with the petitioner.
Rawal told the court that if Tata make an application on this, the central government will indicate the portions of the report on which it will claim privilege.
The court then adjourned the hearing for two weeks to enable the industrialist to make an application for seeking the report.
- Tata seeks report on leaked Radia tapes (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Source of Radia tapes' leak unknown, court told (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Leaked Radia tapes doctored, apex court told (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Source of Radia tapes' leak unknown, court told - Aug 23, 2012
- Leaked Radia tapes doctored, government tells SC - Jan 31, 2012
- Spell out steps to plug leakage of phone taps: SC (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Radia tapes: SC notice to government on Tata plea - Feb 16, 2012
- Prepare Radia transcripts, apex court tells I-T department - Sep 06, 2012
- Radia tapes: SC notice to government on Tata plea (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Make transcripts of 5,800 Radia tapes: Apex court (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Are confidential files without notings, asks SC - Aug 29, 2012
- Spell out steps to plug leakage of phone taps: SC - Aug 28, 2012
- Privacy disappearing due to technology: Supreme Court (Lead) - Feb 24, 2011
- Supreme Court to hear Ratan Tata plea to stop Radia tapes - Apr 01, 2011
- Apex court asks CBI to reply to Vectra chief's plea (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: apex, apex court, central government, confidential report, corporate lobbyist, court bench, feb 2, harin, income tax, industrialist, necessary parties, New Delhi, petitioner, plea, privilege, senior counsel, solicitor general, tata, tax director, telecom service providers