Tata Power begins commercial operations at Mumbai plantMarch 30th, 2009 - 6:26 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 30 (IANS) Tata Power has commenced commercial operations of a 250 MW coal-based thermal unit at the Trombay Thermal Power Station, it said here Monday.
With this, the Trombay plant’s generation capacity will be increased to 1,600 MW from 1,350 MW, the company said in a regulatory statement. It will operate on imported Indonesian coal.
The civil works of the project were executed by engineering and construction giant Larsen and Toubro, while Bharat Heavy Electrical Ltd (BHEL) implemented the work on the main plant and supplied equipment.
Tata Power is the country’s largest private sector power utility with an installed generation capacity of over 2,300 MW. It has a presence in all segments of the power sector like generation (thermal, hydro, solar and wind), transmission, distribution and trading.
The company also has major public-private partnerships in generation, transmission and distribution in Delhi and Jharkhand, and with the Power Grid Corp and Damodar Valley Corp, among others.
Additionally, it has acquired a 30 percent stake in two Indonesian coal companies and is developing a 4,000 MW ultra mega power project at Mundra in Gujarat.
“The addition of the new unit reiterates our commitment to enhance power supply to the growing needs of customers,” company managing director Prasad R. Menon said.
- Tata Power's 800 MW thermal plant operational in Gujarat - Jul 19, 2012
- OPG Power to increase capacity to 740 MW by 2013 - Jul 20, 2012
- India plans power lines via Bangladesh - Jan 02, 2011
- Reliance Power synchronises unit at Butibori thermal plant - Jun 26, 2012
- Alstom Bharat Forge bags Rs.1,570-crore NTPC contract - Apr 24, 2012
- IPCL, DPSC to invest Rs.26,450 crore in power - Jul 20, 2011
- Himachal seeks gas-based power plant - Mar 02, 2011
- PMO ensures Coal India supplies adequate to power plants - Feb 15, 2012
- Neyveli Lignite Corp to add 1,000 MW this fiscal - May 28, 2012
- Coal may have to be imported to meet power demand - Aug 12, 2012
- GIL seeks land to set up captive thermal plant - Jul 25, 2011
- BGR Energy bags order for two 300 MW power plants - Nov 17, 2011
- Karnataka ties up for 1,000 MW power from NTPC, Neyveli - Jan 04, 2011
- Major steps to boost power generation soon - Aug 25, 2012
- L&T; bags orders worth Rs.1,076 crore in Q1 of 2012-13 - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: bhel, coal companies, commercial operations, damodar valley, electrical ltd, generation capacity, generation transmission, gujarat, indonesian coal, jharkhand, larsen and toubro, managing director, mega power, menon, mundra, mw coal, power grid, power sector, public private partnerships, tata power