Tata Motors to start tree plantation driveJune 4th, 2009 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4, 2009 (IANS) Tata Motors will start a huge tree plantation drive across India and other south Asian countries on World Environment Day Friday, according to a company spokesperson.
“The tree plantation drive is part of its endeavour to constantly improve its carbon footprint,” the spokesperson said, adding that the company has set itself a target of planting 200,000 saplings across over 1,100 locations in India and abroad this year, beginning June 5.
“This massive campaign is driven across the company - at plant locations, offices and its dealerships, authorised service centres, and spare parts distributors.”
The spokesperson added that Tata Motors has already planted over 10 million trees.
In addition, the firm is also organising a free PUC (Pollution Under Control) check-up for its commercial vehicles Friday at over 100 service centres across the country. As part of the PUC check, emission related components would be checked and rectified.
- Delhi Metro to plant 10,000 saplings - Jul 22, 2011
- Punjab to plant over one crore saplings this monsoon - Jun 27, 2011
- Agra city going green - the voluntary way - Aug 09, 2010
- Spiritual group plants 35 lakh trees - May 18, 2012
- AMUL plants 10 million trees in Gujarat under Amul Green Campaign on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2010
- Fiat to manage distribution of Indian subsidiary - May 02, 2012
- Losing green cover? Call helpline for a tree - Jul 31, 2010
- Nano's Sanand plant goes on stream (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Delhi starts planting one million trees (Lead) - Jul 23, 2011
- Free Mahindra service camps on World Environment Day - Jun 05, 2010
- Tata Motor Finance to provide financial services to Fiat cars - Nov 03, 2010
- Dikshit briefs Patil on Delhi plantation - Aug 02, 2011
- Dikshit launches green Delhi drive - Jul 23, 2011
- Punjab to plant trees along all highways - Apr 14, 2012
- After politicians, officials to plant trees in Bihar - Sep 12, 2011
Tags: 10 million, carbon footprint, commercial vehicles, company spokesperson, endeavour, India, massive campaign, New Delhi, plantation drive, pollution, puc check, saplings, south asian countries, spare parts, target, tata motors, tree plantation, trees, world environment day