Tata Motors ‘to reject’ Jaguar Land Rover dealMay 7th, 2009 - 2:30 pm ICT by ANI
Tata Motors, the parent company of Jaguar Land Rover, has said that it will reject a British Government loan guarantee needed to save the troubled British carmaker.
A Sky News report said that Jaguar Land Rover received a final offer on a 450 million pound loan from the business department last week, but the Government wanted a 15 percent commission on the loan.
A source close to the deal said: “What the Government was offering was not just a snub - it was a total insult.”
A Tata Motors source told Sky News the company would reject the government deal over the onerous terms.
The total rescue package involves loans of almost 800 million pounds, of which 340 million pounds is to come from the European Investment Bank and 450 million pounds from British banks underwritten by the Government.In addition to the 15 percent rate, the Government is understood to want a veto power on the company’s board, its own chairman and a say in future redundancies.
But a government source dismissed suggestions the talks are close to collapse and said they want the firm to “succeed”, especially due to its strong environmental policies. (ANI)
- Worker dies at Jaguar Land Rover factory - Sep 27, 2011
- Jaguar-Land Rover eyes booming China market - Jul 06, 2012
- S&P; raises Tata Motors ratings - Jul 09, 2012
- Jaguar to shut plants for summer - Jul 12, 2009
- Jaguar Land Rover funding requirements - Aug 11, 2009
- Tata's Jaguar Land Rover, China's Chery in joint venture - Mar 21, 2012
- British government for "good relations" with the Tatas - Jun 30, 2010
- Boss of Tata-owned Jaguar Land Rover steps down - Jan 26, 2010
- A factsheet on the Tata Group - Nov 24, 2011
- Tata warned to accept revised Jaguar Land Rover deal - Jul 19, 2009
- Britain urges Tata to respond to offer on Jaguar Land Rover - Jul 21, 2009
- Tata Motors to build 2,000 Land Rovers a year in Pune plant - Mar 02, 2011
- Tata Motors' May sales up 12 percent - Jun 15, 2012
- Tata Motors global sales grows 27 percent in December - Jan 16, 2012
- Jaguar Land Rover secures 500 mn pound funding: report - Oct 07, 2009
Tags: british banks, british government, business department, carmaker, environmental policies, european investment bank, government deal, government loan, government source, loan guarantee, news report, onerous terms, parent company, redundancies, report said that, s board, sky news, snub, tata motors, veto power