Tata Motors sales up seven percentJuly 1st, 2008 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 1 (IANS) Tata Motors has notched a growth of seven percent in its June sales, though its export figures dipped by 37 percent. During the month, the company sold 47,245 vehicles, a seven percent growth compared to 44,317 vehicles sold in June 2007.
Similarly, it exported 3,431 vehicles in June this year compared to 5,482 last year, a fall of 37 percent, the company announced here Tuesday evening.
However, the cumulative sales for the company at 131,733 grew by three percent.
Tata Motors sold 26,797 commercial vehicles (CVs) in June 2008, a growth of 25 percent compared to 21,417 last year. While the medium and heavy commercial vehicles (M&HCVs) sales stood at 12,845, a nine percent growth, the light commercial vehicles (LCVs) sales registered a 45 percent growth at 13,952.
The cumulative sales of CVs in the domestic market for the fiscal were 71,480, an increase of 16 percent over last year. Similarly, M&HCV’s sales stood at 35,835, a 10 percent growth over last year, while LCVs sales were 35,645, a growth of 23 percent.
In the passenger vehicles category, Tata Motors sold 17,017 units in June 2008, a decline of two percent compared to June 2007.
While the Indica model, with a sale of 8,560 units saw a decline of 27 percent over last year, the Indigo family notched a sale of 4,747, a strong 102 percent growth.
The Sumo and Safari models together sold 3,710 units, a growth of 11 percent over last year.
The cumulative sales of passenger cars for the fiscal were 51,094, a decline of one percent over the year-ago period.
The cumulative sale of Indica stood at 25,676, a decline of 26 percent but part of its sales moved to the Indigo family, which notched a sale of 13,052 units, a growth of 81 percent.
The cumulative sales from exports for the fiscal, at 9,159, saw a decline of 34 percent over the same period last year.
- Nano tops Tata Motors sales in April - May 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' January sales up 16 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Tata Motors February sales up 19 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' November domestic sales zoom 44 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Tata Motors sales rise 4 percent in May, Nano sales jump - Jun 01, 2012
- Tata Motors June sales down by one percent - Jul 01, 2011
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- Tata Motors' October sales up five percent - Nov 01, 2011
- Tata Motors logs 12 pc sales growth in February - Mar 01, 2011
- Nano drives passenger vehicle sales for Tata Motors (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Auto makers continue to log growth (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Tata Motors closes March, full year with sales growth - Apr 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' September sales up 22 percent - Oct 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' August sales down three percent - Sep 01, 2011