Tata Motors partners Japan firm for eco-friendly fuel plantJune 8th, 2011 - 5:30 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, June 8 (IANS) Tata Motors Wednesday inaugurated an eco-friendly, dual-fuel power generation facility in partnership with a Japanese company.
The facility, located in the Tata Motors’ plant here, has been set up jointly with New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organisation (NEDO) which has worked on the project for the past two years, an official said.
Two 2.5 MW diesel electric power generator sets were identified for conversion into dual-fuel generators, using natural gas as the main fuel and diesel as the pilot fuel.
The project proved a success for operating diesel generator sets on natural gas and light diesel oil.
By the new facility, the Tata Group has taken a step forward on its journey to reduce its cumulative carbon footprint.
The process of changing over from existing liquefied fuel to clean burning gaseous fuels will help in reducing 3,770 tonnes of carbon dioxide in a year, the official said.
The Tata Motors’ Pune plant was selected for this eco-friendly dual-fuel project by the Government of India, the Government of Japan and NEDO to produce power through clean environment technology.
It is the outcome of a Memorandum of Understanding jointly signed between the Government of India, the Government of Japan, NEDO and Tata Motors.
The new facility was inaugurated by Tata Motors MD-India Operations, P.M. Telang, NEDO Executive Director Sadao Wasaka, Managing Director, JFE Engineering Corporation, Japan, Tetsuo Tsuyuguchi, Managing Director, JFE India Pvt Ltd, Katsutoshi Sakai, and other invitees.
- Tata Power's 800 MW thermal plant operational in Gujarat - Jul 19, 2012
- Tata funds research project on water as auto fuel - Dec 31, 2010
- Tata Motors unveils Safari variant, concept cars - Jan 05, 2012
- Tata Motors operationalises Karnataka plant - Jun 06, 2012
- Tata Motors considering Nano assembly plant abroad - Aug 02, 2011
- Tata Motors launch Manza, Prima in South Africa - Oct 07, 2011
- Tata Motor appoints Karl Slym as managing director - Aug 14, 2012
- Breakthrough could help hydrogen replace petrol as fuel - Apr 01, 2011
- Tata Motors tweaks Nano, claims improved mileage - Nov 21, 2011
- Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedan - Sep 05, 2011
- Eco-friendly tyres that save fuel (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- Eco-friendly tires that save fuel - Mar 04, 2012
- Tata Motors unveils new Manza - Feb 06, 2011
- Hindustan Motors upgrades Mitsubishi Montero - Apr 16, 2012
- Haryana engineering students invent oxygen-run bike - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,