Tata Motors May sales rise 10 percentJune 1st, 2011 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 1 (IANS) Tata Motors Wednesday reported a rise of 10 percent in sales for May, buoyed by an increase in exports and commercial vehicles sales.
“Tata Motors total sales (including exports) of commercial and passenger vehicles in May 2011 were 62,296 vehicles over 56,775 vehicles sold in May 2010,” the company said in a statement.
The automobile major’s domestic sales grew by eight percent at 56,762 units in May compared to 52,799 units sold in the corresponding month of 2010.
The company’s sales in domestic market were led by commercial vehicles which grew by 19 percent last month at 37,361 units as against 31,475 units in May 2010.
“LCV (light commercial vehicle) sales were 21,829, a growth of 24 percent over May last year,” the statement said.
Exports too zoomed, jumping by 39 percent to 5,534 vehicles in May from 3,976 units in the corresponding month in last year. For April and May, exports rose by 38 percent to 9,792 units.
However, the sales of passenger vehicles segment declined by nine percent at 19,401 units.
Sales of Fiat with whom Tata Motors has a distribution agreement also came down to 2,148 vehicles compared to 2,163 in May last year.
But Nano sales continued to grow at a robust pace, clocking an increase of 84 percent in May at 6,515 units. In the first two months of the current financial year, the company has sold 16,527 vehicles, a rise of 134 percent from the like period of 2010-11.
Sales of sports utility vehicles from the company’s stables — Sumo, Safari, Aria and Venture — also went up by a healthy 15 percent to 3,121 units.
- Tata Motors sales rise 4 percent in May, Nano sales jump - Jun 01, 2012
- Nano drives passenger vehicle sales for Tata Motors (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Tata Motors logs 41 percent sales growth in May - Jun 01, 2010
- Tata Motors logs 15 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' November domestic sales zoom 44 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- Tata Motors' September sales up 22 percent - Oct 01, 2011
- Nano tops Tata Motors sales in April - May 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' July sales down six percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' August sales down three percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Tata Motors logs 12 pc sales growth in February - Mar 01, 2011
- Tata Motors posts 15 percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2011
- Tata Motors February sales up 19 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' January sales up 16 percent - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,