Tata Motors logs 15 percent sales growthAugust 1st, 2012 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 1 (IANS) Tata Motors logged 15 percent sales growth in July over the corresponding month in 2011.
In a statement issued Wednesday, Tata Motors said it closed last month selling 73,491 units of commercial and passenger vehicles.
In the domestic market, the company sold 68,627 units last month up from 57,990 units sold in July last year.
Tata Motors sold 42,387 units of commercial vehicles in the domestic market as against 40,798 units sold in July last year.
Within that the company sold 29,601 units of light commercial vehicles (LCV) logging 19 percent growth over previous year’s figures. However, in the medium and heavy commercial vehicles (M&HCV;) segment Tata Motors sold 12,786 units down from 15,836 units sold in July 2011.
Passenger vehicle sales were at 26,240 units last month clocking an impressive 53 percent growth over 17,192 units sold in July 2011.
The company sold 5,485 units of its small car Nano last month as compared to 3,260 units sold during July last year.
The Indica range sales were 8,852 units up from 5,860 units sold in July 2011.
The Indigo range recorded sales of 6,816 units while the Sumo/Safari/Aria/Venture range sales were 5,087 units.
However, on the export front Tata Motors suffered a reverse last month. The company shipped out 4,864 units as compared to 5,771 units in July 2011.
The cumulative sales (including exports) for the company for the fiscal are 262,299 units, higher by two percent, over 256,800 units sold last year.
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Nano drives passenger vehicle sales for Tata Motors (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Tata Motors logs 12 pc sales growth in February - Mar 01, 2011
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- Tata Motors' January sales up 16 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Tata Motors February sales up 19 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' July sales down six percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Tata Motors sales rise 4 percent in May, Nano sales jump - Jun 01, 2012
- Tata Motors Group's June sales up 6 percent - Jul 16, 2012
- Tata Motors' November domestic sales zoom 44 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Tata Motors June global sales down one percent - Jul 15, 2011
- Ashok Leyland's sales grow, Bajaj Auto dip in July - Aug 02, 2012
- Hyundai and Nissan Motor log growth in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Slowdown, inflationary pressures affect automobile sales in August (Roundup) - Sep 01, 2012