Tata Motors logs 12 pc sales growth in FebruaryMarch 1st, 2011 - 5:47 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 1 (IANS) Indian automobile major Tata Motors Ltd logged 12 percent sales growth in February over the same period last year while its small car wonder Nano logged 101 percent growth.The company sold 77,543 vehicles (commercial vehicles - CV - 41,130 units and passenger vehicles - PV - 33,751 units including exports) last month as against 69,427 vehicles (CV 39,205 units, PV 29,238 units) in February 2010.
In the domestic market, the company sold 73,039 units last month as against 66,190 units sold in February last year.
According to Tata Motors the cumulative sales for the company for this fiscal stands at 719,959 units up from 567,535 units sold last year.
In the commercial vehicles segment, Tata Motors sold 41,130 units (light commercial vehicles 23,498 units, medium and heavy commercial vehicles 17,632 units) last month against 39,205 units sold in February 2010.
The company’s passenger vehicles consists of two wings - Tata’s own and that of Fiat’s.
Last month the PV business reported a total sale and distribution offtake of 33,751 units (31,909 Tata plus 1,842 Fiat) as against 29,238 units (Tata 26,985 units plus 2,253 Fiat) logged in February last year.
Sales of small car wonder Nano model logged 101 percent growth with 8,262 units while the Indica range of cars registered 12.7 percent negative growth with 10,044 units last month as compared to previous year’s February numbers.
The Indigo range recorded sales of 8,966 units while Sumo/Safari/Aria/Venture range accounted for sales of 4,637 units.
Jaguar Land Rover sales continued their upward trend during the period under review.
The cumulative sales of Nano this fiscal stands at 61,725 units while that of Indica, and Indigo range of vehicles stands at 90,908 units and 80,728 units, respectively.
The cumulative sales of the Sumo/Safari/Aria range are 37,457 units.
Tata Motors shipped out 4,504 units last month up from 3,237 units February last year. The cumulative exports this fiscal stands at 52,112 units up from 30,036 units in the same period last year.
- Tata Motors February sales up 19 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors logs 15 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Tata Motors closes March, full year with sales growth - Apr 01, 2011
- Nano drives passenger vehicle sales for Tata Motors (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' November domestic sales zoom 44 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' January sales up 16 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Nano tops Tata Motors sales in April - May 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' October sales up five percent - Nov 01, 2011
- Tata Motors June sales down by one percent - Jul 01, 2011
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- Tata Motors logs 41 percent sales growth in May - Jun 01, 2010
- Auto companies report healthy sales number for February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
- Indian automobile sector's February sales soar (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- Auto makers continue to log growth (Lead) - May 02, 2011
Tags: chennai, cumulative sales, cv, fiat, indian automobile, indigo, jaguar, land rover, land rover sales, light commercial vehicles, march 1, nano, offtake, passenger vehicles, previous year, safari, small car, tata motors ltd, two wings, upward trend