Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedanSeptember 5th, 2011 - 6:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 5 (IANS) Automobile giant Tata Motors Monday launched Indigo e-CS (compact sedan) VX, priced Rs.4.97 lakh for the petrol version and Rs.5.80 lakh for the diesel variant (ex-showroom Delhi).
The company said the car has the highest mileage of 25 km per litre for the diesel variant which is powered by CR4 common rail diesel engine.
“Indigo e-CS VX is the most fuel-efficient sedan in the country, with a mileage of 25 km per litre certified by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI),” the company said in a statement.
The diesel engine has a displacement of 1,396 cc delivering 70 ps at the rate of 4,000 rpm.
“With a higher torque of 140 nm at a lower 1,800-3,000 rpm, improvements in gear ratios, clutch-to-start and reduction in the weight of the car by around 10 kg, the Indigo e-CS VX ensures better pickup,” the statement said.
The car also features engine management system chip which calibrates the engine components every micro-second to reach high-levels of efficiency.
The statement further said that wheel arches and exteriors have been re-designed to make the sedan more aerodynamic.
The interiors feature dual-tone beige seating and dashboard, premium wood-finish centre console, new instrument cluster coupled with keyless entry, anti-lock braking system (ABS) and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan Sunny - Dec 12, 2011
- New versions of Tata's Vista hatchback launched - Aug 23, 2011
- Renault unveils new variant of Fluence sedan - Apr 03, 2012
- Ford launches two new variants of Fiesta sedan - Jul 14, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches SX4's diesel variant - Feb 22, 2011
- General Motors launches new Cruze model - Jun 27, 2012
- Toyota launches new variants of Corolla Altis sedan - Jun 16, 2011
- Toyota launches diesel variant of Liva and Etios Liva - Sep 09, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches premium sedan Kizashi - Feb 02, 2011
- Hyundai to increase production of Verna - Jun 28, 2011
- Renault launches Scala sedan - Sep 07, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki unveils new Swift DZire - Feb 01, 2012
- Toyota launches hatchback car Etios Liva - Jun 27, 2011
- Renault launches compact SUV Duster - Jul 05, 2012
- General Motors launches Beat's diesel version - Jul 25, 2011
Tags: anti lock braking system, arai, automotive research, bluetooth connectivity, common rail diesel, common rail diesel engine, dashboard, diesel engine, displacement, dual tone, engine components, engine management system, gear ratios, indigo, lakh, litre, lock braking system, system chip, tata motors, wheel arches