Tata Motors launches eco-friendly Indica modelMay 16th, 2008 - 5:57 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 16 (IANS) Tata Motors Friday launched a new dual fuel, eco-friendly model of its Indica range of vehicles. The new model, Indica V2 Xeta LPG, is equipped with a dual fuel (petrol and LPG) engine that will reduce carbon dioxide emissions by about 10 percent and has high fuel efficiency both in the city and on highways.
Certified for BS III emission norms, it can be upgraded to comply with Euro-IV norms, the company announced here.
The new model affords a smooth transition between the two fuel modes even when the vehicle is moving. The electronically-controlled gas multi-point fuel injection system provides significant safety, performance and emission related advantages.
The Xeta LPG has been launched in two variants with five colour options. The GLE version is priced at Rs.327,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi) and the higher version, GLS, is at Rs.342,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Tata Motors notched revenues of $7.2 billion last year. Recently, the company successfully negotiated a deal to take over the coveted Jaguar and Land Rover brands of Ford Motors.
- Tata Motors unveils new Manza - Feb 06, 2011
- Hindustan Motors upgrades Mitsubishi Montero - Apr 16, 2012
- Toyota luanches limited edition Corolla - Jun 05, 2012
- Hyundai launches LPG variant of hatchback i10 - Nov 22, 2011
- Tata Motors tweaks Nano, claims improved mileage - Nov 21, 2011
- General Motors launches Beat's diesel version - Jul 25, 2011
- Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedan - Sep 05, 2011
- Tata Motors launches new bus models - Dec 20, 2011
- Toyata launches seventh generation Camry - Aug 24, 2012
- Tata's market share in SUVs to go up by two percent - Feb 15, 2012
- Detailed price of Nano variants in Mumbai, Delhi - Mar 23, 2009
- New versions of Tata's Vista hatchback launched - Aug 23, 2011
- Bajaj Renault to roll out low-cost car by 2012 - May 05, 2010
- Fiat launches new versions of Linea and Punto - Jan 04, 2012
- GM India to launch six new models in two years - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: carbon dioxide emissions, colour options, dual fuel, emission norms, euro iv, ford motors, fuel efficiency, fuel injection, fuel injection system, gle, gls, highways, land rover, lpg, new model, petrol, safety performance, smooth transition, tata motors, variants