Tata Motors launch new range of trucksMay 29th, 2009 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, May 29 (ANI): Tata Motors, India’s leading manufacturer of both heavy and light automobiles, launched a new line of trucks, named ‘World Truck’ here on Thursday.
The launching of the new series of trucks also marked the company’s objective to bring international standard top quality trucks in the Indian market.
The range, which comprises of multi-axle trucks, tractor-trailers, mixers and special application vehicles, is a bid by Tata Motors to prove itself as a global auto major.
“There will be various offerings coming from this. There will be tractors for taking higher levels of movements across high speed tracks. There will be tippers which will be meeting construction and mining requirements. So, it is an entire range of products which will be coming through this,” said P M Telang, Executive Director, Tata Motors.
The company however has not mentioned the price levels of its latest models and the varied versions.
“It’s about changing the way trucking happens in India and bringing it closer to the sort of levels that you see in more developed countries and rest of the world. So, it is a range of models and when you talk of range of models, there is no one price we can talk about,” said R Ramakrishnan, Head of Marketing, Medium and Heavy Trucks, Tata Motors.
Tata Motors bought the Jaguar and Land Rover brands last year, and is raising funds to close a 1.9 billion dollars residual bridge loan taken for the acquisition. (ANI)
- Tata Motors unveils Safari variant, concept cars - Jan 05, 2012
- Tata Motor appoints Karl Slym as managing director - Aug 14, 2012
- Mahindra Navistar to beef up product distribution range - Jan 24, 2011
- Tata to pitch trucks to Malaysian armed forces - Apr 23, 2012
- Mahindra Navistar targets sales of 50,000 HCVs, 20,000 LCVs - May 25, 2011
- Tata Motors to launch new vehicles in India and China - Aug 03, 2010
- Jaguar Land Rover opens first plant in India - May 27, 2011
- Ashok Leyland launches 10 tippers and trailer models - Nov 02, 2010
- Tata Motors launch Manza, Prima in South Africa - Oct 07, 2011
- S&P; raises Tata Motors ratings - Jul 09, 2012
- Tata Motors' May sales up 12 percent - Jun 15, 2012
- Jaguar, Land Rover models launched in India - Jun 28, 2009
- Jaguar to launch limited edition supercar - May 06, 2011
- TATA-owned Jaguar to hire 1500 for production jobs, more in the offing - Nov 21, 2010
- After Nano, Tata launches luxury Jaguar, Land Rover (Lead) - Jun 28, 2009
Tags: automobiles, axle trucks, billion dollars, bridge loan, executive director, global auto, heavy trucks, land rover, launch, mixers, more developed countries, quality trucks, ramakrishnan, rest of the world, tata motors india, telang, tippers, tractor trailers, tractors, trucking