Tata Motors launch Manza, Prima in South AfricaOctober 7th, 2011 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 7 (IANS) Automobile major Tata Motors Friday launched premium sedan Manza and its trucks range Prima at the Johannesburg international motor show in South Africa.
“The new Tata vehicles being introduced in South Africa will bolster our already significant portfolio in the country,” P.M. Telang, Tata Motors managing director - India operations, said in a statement here.
He said the company hopes to penetrate further in the African market with its new offerings. “We look forward to a deeper presence in South Africa, which is already a focus market for us.”
Other top company officials said the African continent presented an enormous potential for the company in the automobile sector.
“We see Africa as a region of tremendous potential for the group and our participation in the motor show with the introduction of the latest products will serve to further strengthen the Tata brand in these markets,” said Tata International managing director Noel Tata.
The auto-giant’s sedan will sport a new body, interiors and platform. The car will be powered by Fiat’s 66 kw quadrajet diesel and safire petrol engines.
“The Tata Manza will be available across dealerships in South Africa next year,” the company said in the statement.
Meanwhile, the company also launched its international range of trucks - Prima - in South Africa. The trucks will be available in South Africa by early 2012.
The company has been exporting its commercial vehicles to South Africa since 1998, while the exports of passenger vehicles began in 2004.
It has so far sold over 32,000 passenger vehicles and over 35,000 commercial vehicles in South Africa.
- Tata Motors unveils new Manza - Feb 06, 2011
- Tata Motors considering Nano assembly plant abroad - Aug 02, 2011
- Tata Motors unveils assembly plant in South Africa - Jul 22, 2011
- Fiat to manage distribution of Indian subsidiary - May 02, 2012
- Tata Motors' August sales down three percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Tata Motor Finance to provide financial services to Fiat cars - Nov 03, 2010
- Tata Motor appoints Karl Slym as managing director - Aug 14, 2012
- Fiat to expand presence in Indian market - May 09, 2012
- Indian automobile sector's March sales soar (Roundup) - Apr 01, 2011
- Tata Motors unveils Safari variant, concept cars - Jan 05, 2012
- Tata Motors' September sales up 22 percent - Oct 01, 2011
- Fiat to open 80 standalone dealerships by year-end - Sep 19, 2012
- July auto sales slump as interest rates, fuel prices rise (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2011
- Tata Motors forays into Indonesia - Sep 11, 2012
- Tata Motors May sales rise 10 percent - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: african continent, automobile sector, commercial vehicles, company officials, diesel, fiat, giant, india operations, johannesburg international, launch, managing director, New Delhi, noel, oct 7, offerings, passenger vehicles, petrol engines, south africa, tata motors, telang