Tata Motors June sales down by one percentJuly 1st, 2011 - 4:30 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 1 (IANS) Automobile giant Tata Motors Friday reported a marginal decline of one percent in its sales for June this year — at 66,358 units as compared to June 2010.
In the domestic market, the company reported a drop of two percent in sales of its commercial and passenger vehicles at 61,264 units as against 62,602 units sold in June last year.
Segment-wise, the commercial vehicles sales in domestic market grew by 13 percent at 39,271 units compared to 34,791 units sold in June 2010.
Cumulative sales of commercial vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal are 115,172, a growth of 18 percent over last year, the company said in a statement.
The company’s LCV (light commercial vehicle) sales in June grew at a stellar pace of 18 percent at 23,197 units over June last year.
Cumulative LCV sales are 68,956, a growth of 25 percent over last year, the statement said.
Meanwhile, the company reported a drop of 22 percent in its sales for the passenger car segment, including distribution offtake of Fiat cars, which Tata distributes. It stood at 23,499 units compared to 29,948 units in June last year.
Standalone sales of Tata’s passenger vehicles were down by 21 percent in June at 21,993 units over June last year.
Sales of Tata’s entry-level car Nano were lower by 29 percent in June at 5,451 units as compared to last year.
The Indica range sales were 8,188, lower by 9 percent over June last year. The Indigo range recorded sales of 4,882, lower by 35 percent over June last year, the statement added.
The company’s sales of multi and sports utility vehicle segment which includes cars like Sumo, Safari, Aria and Venture were down by 4 percent at 3,472 units.
Meanwhile, the cumulative sales in the first quarter of the current fiscal grew by 4 percent at 187,946 units over 180,210 units sold in the first quarter of 2010-11.
- Tata Motors' July sales down six percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Tata Motors logs 15 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' January sales up 16 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Tata Motors February sales up 19 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' August sales down three percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Interest rates, fuel hikes dampen automobile sales in June (Roundup) - Jul 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' November domestic sales zoom 44 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' September sales up 22 percent - Oct 01, 2011
- Tata Motors May sales rise 10 percent - Jun 01, 2011
- Tata Motors sales rise 4 percent in May, Nano sales jump - Jun 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' October sales up five percent - Nov 01, 2011
- Tata Motors Group's November sales up 35 percent - Dec 15, 2011
- Tata Motors June global sales down one percent - Jul 15, 2011
- Tata Motors' March global sales up one percent - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: aria, automobile, car segment, commercial vehicles, cumulative sales, decline, fiat, fiat cars, first quarter, indigo, july 1, lcv, nano, offtake, passenger car, passenger vehicles, s sales, safari, sports utility vehicle, tata motors