Tata Motors Group’s November sales up 35 percentDecember 15th, 2011 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 15 (IANS) Tata Motors Thursday reported a 35 percent increase in its consolidated global sales, including those of Jaguar-Land Rover, for November over the like period of last year.
“Tata Motors Group global wholesales, including Jaguar-Land Rover, were 108,028 nos. Cumulative sales for the fiscal are 750,457, higher by 10 percent compared to the corresponding period in 2010-11,” the company said in a statement.
According to the company, luxury brand of the group Jaguar-Land Rover saw a 27 percent increase in sales, which stood at 29,183 units over those sold in November 2010.
“Jaguar sales for the month were 5,315 nos., lower by 5 percent, while Land Rover sales were 23,868 nos., higher by 38 percent,” said the statement.
JLR’s cumulative sales grew by 19 percent for the fiscal at 185,431 units.
“Cumulative sales of Jaguar are 35,195 nos., lower by 9 percent, while cumulative sales of Land Rover are 150,236 nos., higher by 28 percent.”
The company also reported good global sales for its commercial vehicles division, which includes brands such as Tata, Tata Daewoo and the Tata Hispano Carrocera range.
“Global sales of all commercial vehicles were 49,724 nos. in November, a growth of 24 percent. Cumulative sales for the fiscal are 371,410 nos., a growth of 18 percent,” the statement said.
The global passenger car segment in the month under review grew by 47 percent at 58,304 units.
“Cumulative sales for the fiscal are 379,047 nos., higher by 4 percent,” the statement added.
The international sales of standalone Tata passenger car brand and the distribution offtake of Fiat cars in India rose 74 percent at 29,121 units over that of November 2010.
But the cumulative sales for the fiscal fell by eight percent at 193,616 units.
- Tata Motors' March global sales up one percent - Apr 15, 2011
- Tata Motors global sales down six percent in July - Aug 16, 2011
- Tata Motors September sales up 24 percent - Oct 14, 2011
- Tata Motors global sales grows 27 percent in December - Jan 16, 2012
- Tata Motors June global sales down one percent - Jul 15, 2011
- Tata Motors global sales up 26 percent in March - Apr 16, 2012
- Tata Motors Group's June sales up 6 percent - Jul 16, 2012
- Tata Motors' October sales up five percent - Nov 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' global sales up 14 percent in February - Mar 16, 2011
- Tata Motors' May sales up 12 percent - Jun 15, 2012
- Tata Motors global sales grow by six percent - Dec 15, 2010
- Tata Motors global June sales up by 46 percent - Jul 15, 2010
- Tata Motors' November domestic sales zoom 44 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Tata Motors February sales up 19 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' January sales up 16 percent - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: car brand, car segment, commercial vehicles division, cumulative sales, daewoo, fiat, fiat cars, global sales, hispano carrocera, India, jaguar, jaguar sales, land rover, land rover sales, luxury brand, New Delhi, offtake, passenger car, tata motors, wholesales